GoldenEye 007 Mod looking for Help.

G

graydon20

Hi, me and a buddy got the idea of Creating the Classic 'GoldenEye 007' Game for Nintendo 64 on the Half-Life 2 Source Engine. I'm a texture guy/Level Designer and my friend is learning modelling. We are very optimistic about this and we're looking for people who are interested in joining up with this Mod. If you can do any of the following:

-Modelling (Characters, Weapons, Objects, Etc..)
-Level Editing/Creating
-Music/Sounds/Ambient Sounds
-Texturing
-Coding/Programming using the Source Engine

Please contact me at [email protected], and you can also reach me on my MSN which uses this same address. I look forward to hearing any interested people from the HL2.net Community :).

goldeneye1.jpg

Well, we now have a Coder, a Modeller, and me. This wont be one of those cheap mods. Sure our main goal is to have a fun experience, but we are looking to have a mod team of at least 10 people. And ofcourse, feedback from the Community. A mod as is good as the people who play it.

if you need a concept artist im the man for the job i also have watched every singl bond movie so i kinda know he bond universe and how characters have to look like and stuff.

if you can create all the cool maps (like facility) this would be a great mod. id see about being able to use the name goldeneye, 007, etc.

Ok, well we uploaded our official site last night, we're still looking, and probably will always be looking, for talented people who can help out. As for the GoldenEye 007 'name', i'm pretty sure we can use it as long as it's meant for a Mod, i can't remember how it works, or if i'm correct, but as long as it's non-profit, we can use any name we want. There are many different fansites out there that use company names in their name, so i'm not sure.

Anyway, the site is VORTEX STUDiOS

graydon20 said:
Ok, well we uploaded our official site last night, we're still looking, and probably will always be looking, for talented people who can help out. As for the GoldenEye 007 'name', i'm pretty sure we can use it as long as it's meant for a Mod, i can't remember how it works, or if i'm correct, but as long as it's non-profit, we can use any name we want. There are many different fansites out there that use company names in their name, so i'm not sure.

No you can't, you don't own the rights, only reason nobody bothered with the HL1 version was it was so crap nobody could be arsed cause nobody would even bother playing it.

If you don't own the rights to it, you can't use it, period.

graydon20 said:

Sorry, you cannot use the name "GoldenEye" or "007" because it is registered to the film studio, with it being licensed for use by Rare/Nintendo. You will by in violation of federal law if you use it. However you may put somewhere, "Based off GoldenEye 007"

Well, obviously we wouldn't base it as our own game. It would say 'Based off the Classic Nintendo 64 Game Goldeneye 007'

i wish you guys good luck!
i wish i could help, but i dont think i can do anything
im not a very good artist, and know nothing about coding, map making or modelling
sorry! :(

why goldeneye? it was superceded in every way by perfect dark. just make a spy game that isnt based on bond films :)

it was indeed superceded by PD , imo PD was the best game on the 64 . period.

Well your right about that Onions, but alot of people love Bond, and alot of People loved GoldenEye the game. And there have been close to no decent Bond games since GoldenEye. Like i said, why did Valve have to re-make Counter-Stike on the Source engine? I'm sure other games with superceded it, but people like the game, and follow it. Even though it's basically the same.

And we've decided that we obviously have to change the name, so we're still up in arms trying to figure a good name. But one that definately works is 'GoldenI', we'd have a picture of an 'eye' in the backround of the logo to get the point across.

One question to the Mods/Legal guys. Are we (or modders) allowed to use Source at the end of our Mod titles, i mean there are probably gonna be alot of Mods called 'Something Source', if so, we'll call ours 'GoldenI Source' Or something of the like.

what about perfect dark? :)

goldeneye 2 basicly, and not owned by a film studio...

Perfect Dark:Source = i would pay full game price for

Well that's not what we want to do...yet. We've talked about maybe making something similar to PD beyond the whole 'GoldenEye Project'. So it's a possibility.

no, thats not what i meant, Perfect dark was unoffically "goldeneye 007-2", and far better then the original, and i think it would make a more interesting mod...

Ok, well good news, at least on our end. I was in a desperate search for a modeller, and well i found 2. My Younger Brother has volunteered to do some basic models (Chairs, Doors, Light Fixtures), and we got a weapon modeller who has joined our team, here's a little peek at the MP5K that he whipped up...We're still looking for coders, a webmaster, hosting, more modellers, level designers, audio techs and concept artists, so if you know anyone that has any of the above mentioned skills, please at least notify them of our mod :)

http://s87497807.onlinehome.us/Vortex/Pics/mp5k3.jpg

If you find the right person to e-mail, you might just be alright using the name "Goldeneye" and "007". I'm running a Warhammer 40k mod and e-mailed the makers (Games-Workshop) to check it was legal. They told me that it was fine as long as it was non-profit and that I displayed a license agreement/stated that we were nothing to do with the official makers.

Thanks Loco, i emailed MGM and asked them a few question, hopefully they get back to me and i'm able to use 'GoldenEye' and '007'. Anyway the mod development is coming allong. We uploaded or new site, which is more informative. Please stop by the fourms and drop us a word :).

http://s87497807.onlinehome.us/Vortex/Forums

I'm guessing at this time they probably won't let you use the property because EA has just bought the rights and are devloping Goldeneye2

EA are usually quite protective of their properties

Back