GoldenEye: Rouge Agent DS.....First Look

I was hoping that would turn out to be GE64 :p Rouge gent was shit :(

ah...its not Goldeneye...its Rouge Agent :(

SearanoX said:
Those are some of the nicer graphics I've seen on the DS so far, actually.

Of course, I doubt the gameplay will be incredible, but having games like this available will hopefully set the DS apart from the PSP a little bit. Shooters can sell consoles like anything, after all, and the control advantage of the DS with FPS games may attract more developers.
What is the control advantage? Joystick thing?

dekstar said:
What is the control advantage? Joystick thing?

i'm guessin its the touchpad. for one of the games you get some sort of thumbstrap which could let you 'look around' using the touch pad with tumb pad on ur right hand and then using the d-pad with ur left hand to move around...but then who would u be able to press the buttons on the right hand side of the DS?

It's an already mediocre game being ported to an inferior system ... so logic suggests that it will become even worse. Playing an FPS on a handheld has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever seen. It's not even a good game in the first place.

D-pad for moving forward, backwards, left, right. Left shoulder button to fire, and stylus on the touch screen to aim. It's really very good for controlling a fps :)

A shame this isn't the 'proper' GE tho :/

The striking this is that the main view is totally free of health and so on, since that's down on the bottom view screen.

oldagerocker said:
I didnt like fps on the GBA... i doubt this'll play well. :(

Controllong a FPS on the GBA does suck, but it's far more comperable to controlling a FPS on the PSP. The touchscreen offers far more than you're giving it credit for. IMO, the DS should excell in the control aspect for ever shooter that is released for both of these handhelds. I can't see any way the PSP will be better for controls in these games.

gah, RA sucked alot... I'm renaming your thread for you because it was exciting, and then dissapointing.

SidewinderX said:
gah, RA sucked alot... I'm renaming your thread for you because it was exciting, and then dissapointing.

LOL.

It's still exciting to get a somewhat decent shooter on the DS?? Then again.... :| I never played RA....sorry if I made anyone cry.

Unrelated: The new Viewtiful Joe on the DS is called "Scratch! Viewtiful Joe"
http://ds.ign.com/articles/602/602446p1.html

Thinking about how it might even be possible to play this game without an analog stick, gives me a headache. :(

Datrix said:
Thinking about how it might even be possible to play this game without an analog stick, gives me a headache. :(

reading ignorant posts like yours gives me a headache.

Woohoo \o/

I so hope you can whack people into the top screen - jump up and continue to pummel them :)

Imagine the insane juggles you could do aswell - running around on the bottom screen keeping multiple bad guys in the air :afro:

Capcom promised this would use the DS's new features, and be differrnt to the prvious VJ titles. Let's hope they deliver :)

Back