Gonna go to Valve tomorrow (for real)

wow, spit has become da most popular guy on the forums, hip hip hurray! :D

Originally posted by jhero
wow, spit has become da most popular guy on the forums, hip hip hurray! :D

hehe, or soon to be the least popular! I can feel the crowd getting restless already!

First, it was the media. Then, the benchmarks. Steam's release with 1.6. Now, Spit.

I believe I have a bit of sad news for everybody ;(

Attachments

• spitcodfry.jpg
    spitcodfry.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 345
hunter-killer25, All of this is not fake. Here is Gabe's email.

He's coming by at noon PST. Thanks for helping organize. this.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2003 9:47 AM
To: Gabe Newell
Subject: Re: A Visit At Valve Tomorrow...

Hi Gabe

This is the current plan but right now I have to go to bed because it's 2:41am here in Australia.

I don't know his name or details and he hasn't woken up yet. He had a late night but his hl2.net forum name is spitcodfry.

I was waiting up to see if he got online so I could email you his real name and general details so you know it would be him but I have to get to bed.

So this is what I have done. I've contacted Abom|nation the hl2.net forum admin. He is going to get in contact with spitcodfry and Adom|nation is going to contact you with the details of spitcodfry via email.

spitcodfry will ring you most likely to arrange a time.

Sorry if I seem intense but I just wanted to make sure this guy is the one that comes and sees you and make sure no other physco does. And I have taken it upon myself to have this organised for you guys because of the security concern.

Have a good day

Regards

Matt 'Kamakiri' Jenkins

Wouldn't it be great if they made the gold announcement to the world through the mouth of some fan who randomlly showed up to their offices and asked them? Give him some sort of proof to post on the internet...

It would piss off the "official" news sites so much!

Sounds like something Valve might actually do...afterall they kept the project secret from the media for five years...and they've essentially given us, the fans more info (by e-mail) than they've given any news organization.

You never know...

Yeah kill him!!! Not because Im jealous.. Im not I just REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to be the one to go!

Press release in about 10 hours on the North Carolina coast in Cape Hatteras. The setting is a beach during a Hurricane as it is a level in the game of Spit. 3Dfx/Voodoo will be there, as well as guest speaker Erik Estrada.

Originally posted by DarkStar
Wouldn't it be great if they made the gold announcement to the world through the mouth of some fan who randomlly showed up to their offices and asked them? Give him some sort of proof to post on the internet...

It would piss off the "official" news sites so much!

Sounds like something Valve might actually so...afterall they kept the project secret from the media for five years...and they've essentially given us, the fans more info (by e-mail) than they've given any news organization.

You never know...

Can you imagine how many fans would be banging on their door though?

although, Valve has been known to do stuff like that...sending out free, autographed stuff to the first regular guy who just asks for it...

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
I believe I have a bit of sad news for everybody ;(

EXCELLENT photoshop work! Among the best I've seen.

Originally posted by Aknot
Press release in about 10 hours on the North Carolina coast in Cape Hatteras. The setting is a beach during a Hurricane as it is a level in the game of Spit. 3Dfx/Voodoo will be there, as well as guest speaker Erik Estrada.

Huh?

Nice one, but im still skeptical until I see some pictures and a post from the guy.

I hope he CAN answer some of our questions.........

Originally posted by Aknot

Yeah wtf are you talking about?

I've emailed gabe to see if me an all my family can go visit him at valve.... grandpa joe and grandma betty are real excited.

Originally posted by Nippy_Kangaroo
I've emailed gabe to see if me an all my family can go visit him at valve.... grandpa joe and grandma betty are real excited.

Oooh Ooh! Gabe like Danish Butter cookies, take them ( A FEW TINS ) and you will get your wishes!

they would never let me in cause I would pose a serious threat to their donut supplies.

Originally posted by Kamakiri
Sorry if I seem intense but I just wanted to make sure this guy is the one that comes and sees you and make sure no other physco does.

holy shit stop pretending like a crazed ninja assasian is trying to impersonate spitcodfry and beat him to gabe

Originally posted by omlette
holy shit stop pretending like a crazed ninja assasian is trying to impersonate spitcodfry and beat him to gabe

the last thing we need now is to take the chance of a crazed ninja assassin killing gabe.

Originally posted by SupaKoopa
the last thing we need now is to take the chance of a crazed ninja assassin killing gabe.

Maybe Spitcodfry is a crazed ninja assassin.... :eek:

im done resizing, and i sent them off a couple minutes ago, he should be posting any minute, he had big white areas in the picture that had to be cropped out.

Originally posted by BloodyL
Maybe Spitcodfry is a crazed ninja assassin.... :eek:
!!!!

i bet his pics are of gabe's corpse stuck like a pincusion with ninja satrs..

im done resizing, and i sent them off a couple minutes ago, he should be posting any minute, he had big white areas in the picture that had to be cropped out.
i could make an obscene joke..but i'm too classy for that.

i hop its worth the waiting and not going to bed.

its 2,3 am Iin the UK dam.

the quality is kind of low on some of the pics, because of the insane 100k limit, and because i wanted to keep some of the size

Back