Good Graphics Card?

S

spidy2442

I'm new to PC gaming so i dont know much about graphic cards. I was thinking about upgrading my card to something better. These are my computers specs:

Processor Intel Pentium 4 2600MHz
Display Card NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440
Memory 512MB
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP
Free Disk Space 89.17GB
Display Card Memory 64MB
Display Driver Version 7.8.0.1
DirectX Version 9.0c

Any suggestions on cards that will run future games better? And also a good place to buy them?

How much do u want to spend?

Buying an extra 512MB would also be a good idea.

Need to know what slot you are using (AGP, PCI-e). Once you figure it out, www.newegg.com is the place you can buy video cards. I will buy mine September 17th. I am deciding to buy GeForce 6600GT or 6800. (4x AGP compliant slot).

Go open up your computer, the small white slots are ussually reguler pci, but my agp slot was large and green, i don't know what a pci-express slot looks like. If you don't want to open up your computer, though, go to your manufacturers site and type in the model number and it should have your specifications.

(what it looks like you most likely have a pci-express)(definitly an agp)

umm is it really that hard to tell for all of u that he has a agp slot lol i mean he has a geforce 4 mx

My advice would be to get the best GFX card you can within your budget, combined with a higher CPU and more RAM, in that order. Your GFX is what is most holding you back, but any modern gfx card will be held back by your CPU and ram. Catch 22 I know, but true...

Get a nice agp card, then later, grab that socket 939 motherboard with the uli chipset that has agp and pci-e. And grab a 3000+.

Back