Good Music? Anyone?

Dog--

The Freeman
Reaction score
A while ago i had over 3 gigs of music on my comp, then i got it reformatted and i lost all my music, and i forgot every bit of music i had
(honestly, im stupid) and i only got about 76 megabytes of music in my comp now, so i was wondering can you guys recommend some music for me, i don't really have any favorites (part of the reason i can't remember any of the songs i had), but i like music like from The offspring, Sum 41, and other punk and rock music (i like a LITTLE rap too) so if you have some suggestions of bands and/or songs please post em, thanx

If your into punk try out some bands like Bad Religion, Anti-Flag, Dead Kennedys, Pennywise.

Dog-- said:
A while ago i had over 3 gigs of music on my comp, then i got it reformatted and i lost all my music, and i forgot every bit of music i had
(honestly, im stupid) and i only got about 76 megabytes of music in my comp now, so i was wondering can you guys recommend some music for me, i don't really have any favorites (part of the reason i can't remember any of the songs i had), but i like music like from The offspring, Sum 41, and other punk and rock music (i like a LITTLE rap too) so if you have some suggestions of bands and/or songs please post em, thanx

What sort of rap/hip-hop are you into?

Any song from Zeppelin 1,2,3,or 4 is classic, even if you don't enjoy most classic rock, Led Zeppelin always rawks.

Devvo said:
What sort of rap/hip-hop are you into?

Will Smith is one of em, i like rap thats not WAY WAY to "yo yo gansta homie"
kinda thing

some kinda rock/indie i like : neva dinova(try song: meetings for surrender)
snow patrol(song: run),
the killers(song: smile like you mean it),
mars volta(try song: inertiatic esp),
minus the bear(try song: fine + 2pts.),
sam roberts(try canadian dream),
the shins(try song: kissing the lipless),
white stripes(try song: blue orchid),
grand national(try song: talk amongst yourselves),
the faint(try song: desperate guys),
the decemberists(try song: on the bus mall).

ok, try all these songs and then tell me what you think.

Adidajs said:
mars volta(try song: inertiatic esp),
the faint(try song: desperate guys),

You, sir, I like.

Dog, you may also want to check out

Mars Volta - Drunkship of Lanterns
Ima Robot - A is for Action
Throe - Novacaine (this one may be hard to find, pm me if you want it)
Nonpoint - What a Day

The doors, pink floyd, iron maiden, the beatles, david bowie, james brown, kansas, bob dylan, the beach boys, queen, led zeppelin, cba typing any more

I have no idea wether you like any of the bands I just mentioned, but i do :D

IMA Robot
Hot Hot Heat
Midtown
The Living End
The Police
Hellogoodbye
Death from Above 1979
Brand New
Coheed and Cambria
Alkaline Trio
Taking Back Sunday
Rufio

Baywatch theme tune!

(I'llllllll be ready) I'LL BE READY... (Whenever you fear) NO DON'T YOU FEAR... yadda.. yadda.

StardogChampion said:
Baywatch theme tune!

(I'llllllll be ready) I'LL BE READY... (Whenever you fear) NO DON'T YOU FEAR... yadda.. yadda.

Hasslehoff all the way baby, that song is all my mate at uni listens to

Anything by Fear Factory.

Anything by Lacuna Coil.

The album Spit by Kittie.

Anything by John Williams.

Anything by Evanescence.

Anything by Type O Negative.

Fade to Black - Metallica, Nothing Else Matters - Metallica, and Ride the Lightening - Metallica.(Hell, Everything except Saint Anger is kick ass.)

Anything by Nevermore

Legends of the Fall soundtrack.............
good for doing ur homework 2..........

Oasis
The beatles
Coldplay
Kings of leon
Stereophonics

i never thought i'd say this... but i recently got into blink-182. They're a good band, opposed to what most think. Boxcar Racer was better, listen to ALL their songs. And like someone mentioned here, listen to The Killers, The Strokes, AFI, and Rammstein.

The new Coldplay album X&Y is quality
Kasabian sell titled debut album is great
Stereophonics - latest is one of their best
Keane- hopes and fears
Athlete
Snow patrol
Sum 41 - American Idiot

Oh and the crazy frog....um maybe not!...kill the crazy frog!! :cheese:

Just so yall know i don't like HEAVY rock or HEAVY metal

D.L said:
almost forgot
the who

ROCK ON MAN!

Led Zeppelin, Rush (they're only ok), Cream (OMFG FAV BAND), Boston (first album is good, everything else is a bit blech), Ramones, Clash, AC/DC, Yes (don't really know them), Eric Clapton, Cheap Trick, Black Sabbath, ZZ Top, and Van Halen.

Those are a few of the bands I like. It's a sham nobody likes good music anymore, and it's all shifted to emo *cough sum41 cough*

EDIT: Sorry to have just read that you're not a fan of good music :(

Killswitch Engage (Early Stuff)
Dry Kill Logic
36 Crazy Fists
Primer 55

and the regular

Pearl Jam
Stone Temple Pilots

chrisuk27 said:
The new Coldplay album X&Y is quality
Kasabian sell titled debut album is great
Stereophonics - latest is one of their best
Keane- hopes and fears
Athlete
Snow patrol
greenday - American Idiot

Oh and the crazy frog....um maybe not!...kill the crazy frog!! :cheese:

teh fix0r lol

Try something new and fresh. Buy the Resevoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction Soundtracks. You'll love it.

Yes! Nine Inch Nails! Fear Factory! Disturbed! Killswitch Engage! Mudvayne! Slipknot! System Of A Down! Metallica! Megadeth!

I R O N M A I D E N !

Atreyu! Children of Bodom! Drowning Pool! Nirvana! Slayer! Soulfly! Static X!

Broken Social Scene is an awesome indie band worth checking out. If you're looking for something a little off the wall but utterly brilliant, Animal Collective is your best bet. Sooooooooo weird, but just...good. I can't even explain their genre, I actually tried in this post, but got a few styles in and realized I was already out of bands to compare to. Just try them and see what you think, but go into it with an open mind. They're not an immediately satisfying band.

Ok, to narrow it down for you old fogies, I like new punk, new rock, and rap from 1995-2000 mostly, I don't like bands from the frickin 70's! I'm 14, not 40.

Back