Corsair XMS PC-3200 512mb x2 [3200C2PT]
120 gb Seagate SATA w/ vantec cooler
Anspire Turbo Case: A-Superalien w/ 500 watt psu
Lite on 52x32x52 CD-RW
Sony DVD 16x CDrom 48x
Vantec Aeroflow HTF for P4
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
Creative Labs MegaWorks THX 5.1 550 Speakers

All for $1,693.87, and all from Newegg. Is it all good, and compatible with each other?

I would check MSI's website to see if Corsair has any known issues with that particular motherboard.

I would recommend an Asus P4P800-Deluxe motherboard. It's only around $100 and is a great board.

Just because the MSI will OC, doesn't make it great for OCing. Asus and Abit are the two best boards for OCing, hands down. If you don't believe me, check the ORB leaderboard at futuremark.com. All of the top scores are either Asus or Abit. I prefer Asus cause they have less potential issues. The P4P800 is an excellent overclocker. I just set up my buddy's rig the other day with a P4P800 and he went from 2.4GHz to 3.6GHz on air cooling.

No, the 2.8c will most likely not clock that high. The new 2.4c "M0 Stepping" with the product code "SL6Z3" will overlclock to around 3.6GHz on air, maybe to around 3.8-4.0GHz on water, and over 4.0GHz on phase-exchange. I have mine running 3.5GHz on air only limited to my RAM.

u can also get a 2.8 with SL6Z3 wonder what can can do :S

A regular 2.8c may get you up to 3.5GHz with top of the line aircooling, but that is not guaranteed. You have a much better chance of hitting 3.5GHz on a 2.4c M0 with stock aircooling than you do getting 3.5GHz on a 2.8c non-M0 with great aircooling.

SL6** is the last five digits of the product code on the box of the P4.

The 2.8c M0 steppings are SL6Z5 and much harder to find at the moment than the 2.4c M0. I'm sure they're overclocking as well or better than the 2.4c M0, but I really haven't heard or seen any success stories with them cause they're quite rare.

If you're really serious in overclocking, check out the forums at www.extremeoc.com. They'll teach you everything you need to know and are the most newb-friendly overclocking forum I've ever seen.

I don't really think hl2.net is the proper place to learn about it.

dude thats a great pc, if i were u ied get the p4c800e-deluxe, u dont need to overclock that pc. it will run hl2 excelently. drop the dvd crap, ull save money. unless u want to take screen shots of certain movies then keep it. other than that i find the dvd pointless

p.s. if u pm me ill send u my pc list. all planed to be purchased on march or april. its pretty much fully detailed. and covers every single part, yes even wiremanagement.

Back