Gordan Freeman = ME!! Yeah, that's right, ME!

Tantalus

Reaction score
I remember it clearly. I stepped off of the train. Walked through Black Mesa. Triggered the resonance cascade. And I'm not the g-man.

I started this thread to mock all of those 'gordon = the g-man'. Valve designed the game so YOU are gordon freeman. And they intend to keep it that way, at least I hope so.

Dasparov said:
no its like a story, you are seeing it through his eyes

No, all other games are like that... if it were a story, why couldn't Gordon talk? Halo 2 is a story. Half Life 2 is something way beyond that.

Tantalus said:
No, all other games are like that... if it were a story, why couldn't Gordon talk? Halo 2 is a story. Half Life 2 is something way beyond that.
because they want you to see what he sees, feel what he feels...?
If they wanted it to be ou, you would put your name in at the start or something. Anyway thats what online games are for

Dasparov said:
because they want you to see what he sees, feel what he feels...?

Yes, they want you to 'feel what he feels'. If you recall from the E3 video, that's why they hired people from Hollywood to help on the animations, so you can (and I'm not sure how exact this quote it) "Hate your enemies and feel sorry for your teamates"

Dasparov said:
If they wanted it to be ou, you would put your name in at the start or something. Anyway thats what online games are for

They want YOU to be GORDON, not Gordon to be you. There is a large difference.

By the way, sorry if the title seemed a bit... obnoxious. But I wanted it to attract attention.

Did anyone who think Gordon is the G-man ever look at the difference between the two...G-man has black hair, and face is distintively not Gordon... he could have dyed his hair, but it seems a bit far fetched.

Tantalus said:
I remember it clearly. I stepped off of the train. Walked through Black Mesa. Triggered the resonance cascade. And I'm not the g-man.

If your freakin gordon freeman whos your sons name cause in the first one theres a picture of sum baby! :sniper: :monkee:

kirovman said:
Did anyone who think Gordon is the G-man ever look at the difference between the two...G-man has black hair, and face is distintively not Gordon... he could have dyed his hair, but it seems a bit far fetched.

My thoughts exactly...

maxmon said:
If your freakin gordon freeman whos your sons name cause in the first one theres a picture of sum baby! :sniper: :monkee:

What are you talking about?

He's talking about the picture in Gordon's locker, which isn't his son, but some other relative. Or it might be Gordon himself as a baby, who knows. Gordon is listed as having no dependents, though, so the baby isn't his.

Darkside55 said:
He's talking about the picture in Gordon's locker, which isn't his son, but some other relative. Or it might be Gordon himself as a baby, who knows. Gordon is listed as having no dependents, though, so the baby isn't his.

Okay, thank you for the clarification. I thought he might be talking about the locker because I didn't remember it's contents. Which, so we figure out more about who Gordon is, I'm going to check right now. I'll respond with the list as soon as possible.

His locker includes:
1 battery
1 baby pic w/ black hair
1 coffee cup
1 canister
2 post its
1 certificate

And most importantly

2 Marc Laidlaw books, "The Orchid Eater" and "The 37th Mandala".

Marc Laidlaw helped make the Half Lifes, and is also a writer. Judging by this link, they seemed to have helped his sales.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/031213021X/102-0035365-4789724?v=glance

Looks "Customers who shopped for this item also shopped for these items:"

If we aren't Gordon Freeman, who is?
Exactly. We all are.

Tantalus said:

Spam...?

Tantalus said:
No, this isn't spam... read the rest of the thread.

You've gotta be kidding. This topic is the one of the worst spam-topics I've ever read. It was like saying, "The bumblebee flew over the tuna, guys!"

S-P-A-M. But hey, not that I'm trying to start a fight. Just don't say your post isn't spam unless it really isn't spam. And in this case, it's spam.

:cheers: - love that emoticon

lukrebu said:
You've gotta be kidding. This topic is the one of the worst spam-topics I've ever read. It was like saying, "The bumblebee flew over the tuna, guys!"

S-P-A-M. But hey, not that I'm trying to start a fight. Just don't say your post isn't spam unless it really isn't spam. And in this case, it's spam.

:cheers: - love that emoticon

Well, what's your definition of spam? This thread is relevant: it's showing who Valve intended Gordon to be. :cheers:

Tantalus said:
Well, what's your definition of spam? This thread is relevant: it's showing who Valve intended Gordon to be. :cheers:

I seriously doubt Valve intended Gordon Freeman to be modeled upon you. Furthermore, you were pretty much forgiven by the first few posters in this thread, who decided not to denounce this thread for what it is: pure, unadultered SPAM.

But when you tried to cover that up, it annoyed me. At least admit that this thread was a stupid post, and I'll be on my way. Or try and start an argument, I don't care. But I'm not getting banned because some spammer was lying about his posts.

And you don't know how to use that emoticon correctly.
:cheers:

lukrebu said:
I seriously doubt Valve intended Gordon Freeman to be modeled upon you. Furthermore, you were pretty much forgiven by the first few posters in this thread, who decided not to denounce this thread for what it is: pure, unadultered SPAM.

But when you tried to cover that up, it annoyed me. At least admit that this thread was a stupid post, and I'll be on my way. Or try and start an argument, I don't care. But I'm not getting banned because some spammer was lying about his posts.

And you don't know how to use that emoticon correctly.
:cheers:

Valve said many times they designed the game as if you were Gordon. I'm sorry if I offended you in any way, but that :cheers: was supposed to be a gesture. Guess that isn't how you interpreted, but I'm not going to admit this thread was SPAM...because that's not what it is or what it was intended to be.

Tantalus said:
Yeah dude...it's like...whoa...have you ever looked at the back of a penny dude? But have you ever looked at the back of a penny...ON WEED, dude? There's a guy in the bushes! Does he have a gun? I don't know! Red team go! Red team go. Ya, dude...THAT'S what Half-Life 2 is like...ya............man, I'm hungry.

Don't bother defending it. I'd just let it go. You're a spammer, and you'll have to live up to that one of these days.

If I were making a list with the "TOP TEN SPAMMIEST THREADS" this would be way up there, believe me. Again, don't want any arguments or anything, but you just can't seem to admit that this thread was a bad one.

Yeah, I'm sure when you made this thread you were thinking, "Boy, I think I'll open up a thread with a provocotave title that inspires the psychology of Gordan Freeman, or the player himself." Nice try.

lukrebu said:
Don't bother defending it. I'd just let it go. You're a spammer, and you'll have to live up to that one of these days.

If I were making a list with the "TOP TEN SPAMMIEST THREADS" this would be way up there, believe me. Again, don't want any arguments or anything, but you just can't seem to admit that this thread was a bad one.

Yeah, I'm sure when you made this thread you were thinking, "Boy, I think I'll open up a thread with a provocotave title that inspires the psychology of Gordan Freeman, or the player himself." Nice try.

What is your definition of SPAM?

One second, let me fire up Wikipedia....

Spamming is the act of sending unsolicited electronic messages in bulk.

However, when I say "SPAM", as in, "You're a dirty spammer and no one likes you", *ahem*, I'm adding a connotation that's typical in "forum" environments. It's more a way to increase your post count without actually contributing anything to the board, and usually annoying many users in the process. And when you post something completely irrelevant to anything, something that wouldn't even feel at home in "Off Topic", that's genuine spam. Therefor, you starting this thread makes you a spammer, as this thread meets all criteria listed above.

Game, set, match, and anything else you feel like throwing in there.

Cheers, buddy.

Actually... that is true. You are supposed to be Gordon in the game. Thats why the perspective never changed and you never talk.

This thread says it in a round-about way, not dose address it never-the-less.

It seems some people are just too wraped up in trying to label threads as "spam" to see the fact.

Not to mention the thread is still open... and would have been shutdown by now if it was indeed spam (thusly violating the forums rules).

WhiteZero said:
Actually... that is true. You are supposed to be Gordon in the game. Thats why the perspective never changed and you never talk.

This thread says it in a round-about way, not dose address it never-the-less.

It seems some people are just too wraped up in trying to label threads as "spam" to see the fact.

Not to mention the thread is still open... and would have been shutdown by now if it was indeed spam (thusly violating the forums rules).

Thank you for the support. I probably should've used a different title... but this one as had large consequences, some good and bad.

Back