Gordon Freeman Needs You!

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
When Gamespot's current Greatest Video Game Hero contest was first mentioned on our community forums, I ignored it. Gordon Freeman was matched against Snake of the Metal Gear Solid series and trailing by tens of thousands of votes, a slump that at the time seemed overwhelming to me. No way could the illustrious Gordon Freeman compete against Snake and his console fanboy hordes, especially not when already lost in his dust as the unfortunate mouth of Pac-Man in the vote's pie chart.[br]

I was wrong. Today I stumbled across the competition again after checking an email in the news inbox about it, and was stunned by what I found. Despite being down by a huge amount, right now Gordon Freeman has 49.9% of the vote, trailing his adversary Snake by only a touch over 100 votes, with nearly 80,000 votes total. I couldn't let it lie - while a news post on Halflife2.net isn't close to sufficient to make up a 10,000 vote deficit, a couple hundred is nothing, and as we here on the staff are honor bound to serve the One Free Man, I had no choice but to post it.[br]

So head on over to the Gordon vs Snake voting page, and let's help our hero get to the next round of competition.

Holy hell. Gordon needs to win. I'm here for you, Mr. Freeman. Whether you win or lose, I still love you.

Firing up Tor to switch my ip address a couple times.

Gordons in the lead! Go Freeman Go!

Garret lost, Lu Kang lost, JC Denton Lost, Guybrush Threepwood lost.

Ulgh, I hate people.

This is silly. Gordon isn't a character. He's just a name people call you.

**** Gordon, Adrian Shephard for life!

ive just gone through a proxy to vote for freeman again and when got to the page it said you already voted for snake lol :eek: i gues somebody already used it for snake :( grrrrr:(

Damn it, Gordon! You can recover! Just take a first aid kit, it seems to work most of the time.

Hmm, perhaps this would get more newbie attention if it was posted in the Half Life section of the forum...

Something tells me the front page gets more traffic than the Half Life forum section.

Wanted Bob, it was posted in General Games days ago, as I referenced in the newspost. The front page gets way way more traffic than the forums - our active community is dwarfed by the number of anonymous readers of our front page.

Gordon's behind again, but it's been close all day. We've definitely made a difference here, I fear it may not be enough though.

COME ON GORDON, YOU CAN DO IT! YOU FOUGHT WITH ALIENS, HECU TROOPS AND COMBINE FORCES AND YOU BEAT 'EM UP! DON'T LET SOLID SNAKE WIN! WE'RE ALL CHEERING FOR YOU - GET THAT CROWBAR AND SHOW HIM WHO'S BOSS!

Yeah, just win.

Wanted Bob, it was posted in General Games days ago, as I referenced in the newspost. The front page gets way way more traffic than the forums - our active community is dwarfed by the number of anonymous readers of our front page.

Gordon's behind again, but it's been close all day. We've definitely made a difference here, I fear it may not be enough though.

Oops, I didnt know the announcements were also displayed through the front page.

In any case, its pretty much even now, cmon Gordan!

Come on Gordon...

crank that thing!

Gordon Freeman
Gordon Freeman was one of the few to survive the alien and government attacks on the Black Mesa research facility
He has a Ph.D. in physics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Gordon upgraded his arsenal from submachine guns and a crowbar in Half-Life to a gravity gun in Half-Life 2
Snake
Solid Snake has been taking on supersecret espionage missions for more than 20 years
Snake has battled big bosses, giant robots, ninjas, traitors, clones, traitor-clones, and secretly saved the world many times over
Snake began his first mission with nothing but a pack of cigarettes, fighting guards who "feel asleep!"

I wonder who the description writer would vote for.

0.1%..

I voted for the free man. Crowbars are excellent at decapitating snakes. :naughty:

lol, who wants to vote for a 'hero' who hides under cardboard boxes.. GOO FREEMAN!

Gordon is now winning by five votes!

47207 vs 47202.

Has solid snake ever castrated someone with a high speed toilet? I dont ****ing think so.

Back