Gordons glasses

estling

Reaction score
Well.. After one hell of a night with Fanny (AHHAHA, I'm just pissing CrazyHarij off ;) ), I woke up with a smile on my lips. When I got blended by my thoughts about Gordon Freeman. Since he is the first thing I see when I wake up (poster :p)

Anyway.

Gordon does not have a bad sight/view, that is not why he has glasses. He has glasses to see the hud ( I think it is like this, cause that's what blended me :p )

Do you think I am right? That if he somehow looses his glasses he will loose the Health, Ammo, etc, etc, HUD symbols? Cause.. How could he see the HUD if he isn't a robot, like Robocop or Terminator?

No, I think my speculation is right. Glasses = HUD. That's what I think anyway. :p

:borg:

I think the hud's supposed to be in the helmet he never wears (or always takes off for posing.)

they should make merchandise glasses and sell them to the willing army of nerds..

gordon looks too gay with glasses or without

Mate, many FPS games have HUD's and they are there to supply the user with valuable information. They don't need to make some stupid reason to have the HUD. Take Medal of Honour, how do you explain the HUD in that game? You can't and there is no point. Only realism freaks love games that have absolutely no info on the screen.

So Gordon's glasses don't equal his ability to see health/ammo/suitpower. He can see that info because its a friggin game.

Bloody threads like this, hurry up and release the game so we can get on with our lives - oh wait none of us have any.

estling said:
Well.. After one hell of a night with Fanny (AHHAHA, I'm just pissing CrazyHarij off ;) ), I woke up with a smile on my lips. When I got blended by my thoughts about Gordon Freeman. Since he is the first thing I see when I wake up (poster :p)

Anyway.

Gordon does not have a bad sight/view, that is not why he has glasses. He has glasses to see the hud ( I think it is like this, cause that's what blended me :p )

Do you think I am right? That if he somehow looses his glasses he will loose the Health, Ammo, etc, etc, HUD symbols? Cause.. How could he see the HUD if he isn't a robot, like Robocop or Terminator?

No, I think my speculation is right. Glasses = HUD. That's what I think anyway. :p

:borg:

1. Die.

2. You've been smoking some serious shit. I don't think there's anything in the game that lets him see the hud, it's just a thing so you won't run around not knowing how much health and ammo you have. One "drawback" from the "you are gordon" thing.

estling said:

Simply: no.

Gordon sees the HUD when he wears the helmet of the HEV suit. He wears glasses because he has bad eyesight, just like everyone else who wears glasses.

Cause.. How could he see the HUD if he isn't a robot, like Robocop or Terminator?

Fighter pilots see a HUD, and they aren't robots.

Glasses = HUD. That's what I think anyway. :p

And why is it that Gordon has no HUD when he isn't wearing his HEV suit?

Fighter pilots have HUDs burned into their eyes or what? Or projected via computers into their eyes or something? :D wtf do you mean? ;)

Cybernoid said:
Simply: no.

Gordon sees the HUD when he wears the helmet of the HEV suit. He wears glasses because he has bad eyesight, just like everyone else who wears glasses.

Fighter pilots see a HUD, and they aren't robots.

And why is it that Gordon has no HUD when he isn't wearing his HEV suit?

Have you ever seen Gordon with an helment? Have you ever seen a picture with Gordon and a helment near him? -Not me.

Pilots has helments, not Gordon (what I've seen)

When he does'nt have the HEV-suit on, the glasses isn't activated. Or they come with the hev-suit.

And I wonder, why on earth people is.. flaming me. :S Jesus

omgz0rz!!11 The glasses have nothing to do with the H.U.D., it's obvious that when he takes off the glasses he becomes the G-Man, it's kind of like Supermans alter-ego!!!

estling said:
Have you ever seen Gordon with an helment? Have you ever seen a picture with Gordon and a helment near him? -Not me.

Pilots has helments, not Gordon (what I've seen)

When he does'nt have the HEV-suit on, the glasses isn't activated. Or they come with the hev-suit.

And I wonder, why on earth people is.. flaming me. :S Jesus

He has a helmet. You suck. Stop arguing.

Basically everything the other guy said was right. Now die. :devil:

I wish I had glasses to see my hud. That way I could know how much life I have left in me when I walk around from day to day.

If the HUD is in his glasses, then howcome we don't see it before he takes the HEV-suit on? The HUD is in the helmet.

Pilots have a HUD because it's projected on the little glass screen in the front of the cockpit. They use the black slidable thing in their helmet as sunglasses.

I bet there are already glasses with a HUD (or x-ray vision like in James Bond maybe? :naughty: ); as Gordon is working in a high-tech environment and possibly could be using high-tech glasses, that might explain the HUD thingy.

Naah, it's just a game m8!

estling said:

Gordon has a helmet in-game because he has a HUD and he can hear the suits computer. HL's HUD is clearly a part of the suit, not just there to give info like in Doom or such.

affen said:
Pilots have a HUD because it's projected on the little glass screen in the front of the cockpit. They use the black slidable thing in their helmet as sunglasses.

I bet there are already glasses with a HUD (or x-ray vision like in James Bond maybe? :naughty: ); as Gordon is working in a high-tech environment and possibly could be using high-tech glasses, that might explain the HUD thingy.

Naah, it's just a game m8!

To my knowledge, helmet-mounted HUDs exists and are in use.

estling said:

Here you go then. Just for you.

In Republic Commando the HUD will be worked in the helmet.

Cybernoid said:
Gordon has a helmet in-game because he has a HUD and he can hear the suits computer. HL's HUD is clearly a part of the suit, not just there to give info like in Doom or such.

To my knowledge, helmet-mounted HUDs exists and are in use.
i seriously think that the word "doom" should be banned from this forum... why do you mention DOOM, how about SOF? MoH? CoD? sh*t! come to think of it, almost every fps out there has huds without any explanation..why the heck does hl need an explanation? geez...

Possibly, but I mean you wouldn't be able to see all the Heads-up info if Gordon just stared straight on.
He might actually be short sighted and has nicer spectacles (one to please the ladies if Gordon ever did see one in BMRF) in his dorm, but because he is dealing with industrial/ hazardous material and high speed mechanical devices, he has to wear thicker glasses that could withstand certain chemicals/ acids as well as high speed ballistic shots from faulty equipment

Tarkus said:
i seriously think that the word "doom" should be banned from this forum... why do you mention DOOM, how about SOF? MoH? CoD? sh*t! come to think of it, almost every fps out there has huds without any explanation..why the heck does hl need an explanation? geez...

Beacouse the HUD is only shown when Gordon wears the HEV-suit.

Back