got a problem with HL2

W

wilcomir

hi, I've got the dvd containing half life 2, counter strike source, half life source and half life 2 deathmatch. I've installed all the games and activated them with steam, that says 100% ready. when i start to play half life 2 all goes fine until I reach the first point in wich appears the phrase "downloading", just after I have to escape from the guard office. the game crashes and I have to reeboot my pc.:(

my configuration is:
cpu: AMD Athlon 64 3500+
mobo: Asus A8V Deluxe
gpu: ATI RADEON X800 XL
RAM: 1024Mb DDR-SDRAM 2.5-3-3-8 2CMD
HD: Maxtor 6 L250S0 234 Gb

the game is original and a friend of mine installed it on his pc and plays HL2 with steam in offline mode.

I've already tried to reinstall the game, but it didn't work. can anyone help me?

bye!

ps sorry for my english, I'm italian :) so please don't use many abbreviations... thanks! bye!

Doesn't sound like a problem with the game as you said you reinstalled it. It sounds to me like it may be a graphical problem. Your computer is more than capable to run the game, but what drivers are you running your x800 on? I would suggest perhaps rolling-back to older drivers, or they are already old to update them to the latest. Check www.ati.com for the catalyst driver downloads.

Good luck and Arrivederci! :)

ok I'll try on updating my drivers... I'll let you know in a moment ^^

thanks and bye!

PS i decided to update because i was using 5.8 drivers :D:D:D

byeeez

it worked, now the game works! loadings are sometimes a bit long, but I think it's normal...

bye!

Back