Graphical problem: Green stuff carrying over to desktop

D

DewieFord

When I play, I would get these green vertical stripes down my screen. When I close the game, the graphical error carries over onto my desktop. I noticed this error first occured shortly after downloading the lastest update from steam and has occured since.

I have all of the latest drivers.
MOBO: P4C800-E Deluxe
CHIP: Intel P4 3.0ghz 512 ddr ram
VIDEO: Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb

Does anyone know a solution?

I will take a picture of the ingame error as soon as possible.

Thanks for taking a look.

srn.txt

They are called artifacts, they are there because your video card is overheating. Do you have another PCI card directly in the slot underneath it? How many case fans do you have? what is your mobo/CPU temp?

My sounds card is in PCI Slot 2. I left PCI Slot 1 clear.

My video card fan is working. I detached my side panel of my cpu and use a desk fan to blow directly inwards. I have 2 additional cpu fans.

The temperature is currently 82.2 F.

Thanks for the help. I'm going to try and move my sound card to PCI Slot 3 and see if it changes anything.

this can happen also if u overclocked ur video card to high

That makes for a tight screen shot
lol
yea it sucks that your comp is messing up

Now that you guys told me that this was called "artifacts," I did some research on the subject. Yeah, my video card is probably screwed permanently. I've formatted my OS five times in the period of a day. Each time I've learned different things.

1. The error only occurs when I run something graphically intense. Even when I run Sims 2 this happens. Once it does occur, it's a permanent glitch that fades in and out even when not running a game.

2. The error crosses over to the next OS format. A second format is needed to get rid of the errors.

3. I should have backed up my files before I formatted the first time.

I still don't know how this happened in the first place. I've never overclocked the card. I only use first party drivers. I give plenty of airflow for my computer. The video card fan is working perfectly. I even bought heatsinks for every ram chip.

The errors only began two days ago and seems to be permanent because a simple activation of a graphically intense game brings it back up again. If you guys know a way to salvage my video card, please help me! I can't afford a new one. I've spent all my money buying Christmas presents.

Hope Santa brings you a nice x800XT PE for Christmas, but you might get a lump of coal. Sorry dude. My 9800 pro is working perfectly, i wouldnt replace it for anything less.

Back