GTA4: Episodes from Liberty City announced for PS3 and PC

Acepilotf14

Sucked so much dick for this title
Reaction score
Released on the Xbox 360 in October 2009, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City is coming to the PlayStation 3 and Games for Windows - LIVE.

Episodes from Liberty City is a compilation of the episodic downloadable content for Grand Theft Auto IV and includes expansion packs The Lost and Damned (originally released on Xbox LIVE in February 2009) and The Ballad of Gay Tony (originally released in October 2009).

"It's been a long time coming, but we are proud to finally deliver Episodes From Liberty City for the PC and PlayStation 3," said Sam Houser. "We appreciate the patience of our PlayStation 3 and PC fans worldwide, and we look forward to putting the games in your hands this March."

Both episodes will be available together on one disc on March 30. The PS3 version is priced at US$39.99, and the episodes are individually available on the PlayStation Network for $19.99 each.

http://kotaku.com/5459329/grand-theft-auto-episodes-from-liberty-city-announced-for-ps3-and-pc

Eh, I already have it for xbox, though.

Guess 50 mil only goes so far these days.

I figured it would. I learned as much when I bought a PSP primarily for LCS and VCS and then they come out on PS2. Never again.

I'm very pleased. Stop all those PS3 fanboys whinging. :dork:

Nah, but seriously. Probably the best games in the GTA series for me (TLaD for story, TBoGT for gameplay) and they deserve to be played by everyone.

Guess its time to dust off the old GTA4 box and get gaming in its world again.

I was wondering if, not even when, they would ever bring it to the PS3. Will probably be a shoddy port but, meh, will probably get it at some point.

Great news, I really need something new to play after having finished GTA IV for the 3rd time :p

I'm hoping they pack it all in one retail box. GTA4 and all the DLC. (PC version). That's what Bethesda did with Oblivion.

99% likely. It's more like an expansion pack of the old days.

Of course. It should be the same pricing as the PS3 version.

I punched myself in the face when I heard about this.

I bought an Xbox 360 just to play this, now I have a PS3 AND an Xbox 360.

Yay for me. These are both full fledged expansion packs imo. They're worth every penny.
Both DLC's definitely exceeded my expectations.
There's plenty of new weapons, vehicles and music. They added additional songs to old stations as well as entire new stations to choose from. You get to see the game from 2 new different perspectives even though it takes place in the same city. I can't say i am disappointed. Rockstar once again delivers engaging plots, characters and dialogue.

You see, I didn't really find GTA4's characters and dialogue very engaging at all, for the most part, and I found the plot be fairly standard and stretch for way too long (though that probably wouldn't be a problem for these games).

Gonna save this for the summer holiday, hopefully there will be a decent weekend/midweek deal on it by then. I'd love to play it now but otherwise I would die from the boredom during summer holiday.

Game still runs like shit on my PC. It seems to be my CPU that is bottlenecking. When running the benchmark tool on automatic settings the CPU load is 97% while my GPU is on 24%. My processor is an Intel Core Duo E6600. Any ideas (besides upgrading)?

Game still runs like shit on my PC. It seems to be my CPU that is bottlenecking. When running the benchmark tool on automatic settings the CPU load is 97% while my GPU is on 24%. My processor is an Intel Core Duo E6600. Any ideas (besides upgrading)?

GTA IV runs like ass on anything lower than quadcore(and I still can't max it on my i7-860). Overclocking could give some additional FPS, though.

To balance your settings the best, don't put detail distance and water/reflection quality too high.

Yeah, it is time to retire my E6600 and get a quad core I guess.

Vice City FM makes this worth it.

Haha, yeh. I got the 360 version when it was released in box-form but only ever played the BoGT. Got bored after awhile. Being a club bouncer? no thx.

Worth getting this and GTA4?

If you buy GTA 4 you can get the Episodes as DLC off Windows Live, which I think is cheaper than buying it in box form. Could be wrong though.

Back