Guitar Hero 2 Demo

Reaction score
Apparently the October OPM has the GH2 demo inside :D
I hear sub's get it early while it comes out Oct. 11th for sale.

I found it on the internet late last night from some source :rolleyes:.

There are 4 songs included at all difficulties:

Shout at the Devil - Motley Crue
You Really Got Me - Van Halen
Strutter - KISS
YYZ - Rush

Impressions:

It's so great to have new kickass songs to play so it was just a blast going through them on expert first try (I've played GH1 a TON so I just play everything Expert now). Shout at the Devil isn't too hard, sightread 4 stars on it, You Really Got Me isn't too bad either. Strutter caught me off guard with a bunch of 3-fret chords. YYZ is a tough bitch :D I almost failed at the solo.

Changes I've noticed:

Some of them are minor and some are really good.

-The crowd seems more diverse and they all held up lighters when I was rockin'
-When you mess up a note (only when you have a multiplier I think) the board has kind of a dark pulse through it to let you know you messed up rather than just having your multiplier disappear.

And here's the big ones

-Hammer ons and Pull offs are much easier! I found myself actually hitting the notes in the kinds of fast sections you needed perfect timing for in GH1. I actually use it with confidence now :D
-3-Fret chords are tricky! My fingers keep telling me it's bad to have 3 fingers down so I goof them up from time to time but I did hit like 90% of them :)

I haven't had a chance to play Coop yet as my roomate and friends all have class right now. I tried to play it myself by turning the lead guitar on easy and me playing the bass on expert. I kept it going for a while (it was all but impossible to step on the other guitar's select button, hit my select button and keep playing at the same time to trigger star power :p), but when the lead's solo came up I lost :p

EDIT: Some guy kicking way more ass than me at YYZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAICgwFHzhI

EDIT2: Oh come on...where's the Guitar Hero love?

Not that you guys seem to care but if you know where to find things on the net, there's a new GH2 demo out with 5 new songs, training and VS. multiplayer.

New songs are:

War Pigs
John the Fisherman
Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart
Psychobilly Freakout
Madhouse

Psychobilly Freakout is harder than YYZ and I can't get past one of the parts with quick chord changes over and over :(

Yeah, all my friends will be buying this the second it comes out. We generally have Guitar Hero parties over at my place..so we definately love this game too much.

nope no NIN, besides NIN is industrial mostly electronic, the guitar is used in fills sometimes and the odd solo here and there, there aren't many NIN "guitar songs".. by the way I love NIN, best band ever tyvm :D

anywhoo, the closest thing to decent on the gh2 tracklist in my book is "Lamb of God - Laid to rest" its ridiculously hard to play on my real guitar, dunno how it would be on the game. good song though.

218600 points, 460 Note Streak, 4 stars, FREEBIRD ON EXPERT. HELL YES THAT WAS FUN!

I like Guitar Hero -- it's different and very rewarding with the actual guitar. I don't own it but a couple of my friends do.

Back