Guitar Heroo 2 for 360 coming in March !

destrukt

Reaction score
booyah, i can't wait.

Rumors of Guitar Hero being moved over to practically every console in existence have been rampant for a while now. Well, it looks like we've finally got a release date for the 360 version from Activision. Guitar Hero 2 will be releasing in March in both, the U.S. and Europe, and will, of course, feature a crapload of exclusive downloadable content via Live. The game itself will feature better graphics (it better), new songs and the new wired X-Plorer guitar designed specifically for the 360 release.

Dusty Welch, Head of Publishing, RedOctane, said of the game when it was first unveiled back at X06 last September: ?With its large integrated hard drive, Xbox 360 provides an incredible platform for facilitating downloadable content. We believe there is no better title to feature micro-transactions than a music game like Guitar Hero II, where the content is the basis of your experience. The relationship with the Xbox Live Marketplace creates endless possibilities for exclusive content.?

http://www.destructoid.com/guitar-hero-2-for-360-releasing-in-march-29117.phtml

sounds sweet! I was about to buy it on the PS2 in a few days, but I think I'll wait for the XBOX 360 version.

I can't wait until it goes wireless...

I'm just a bit worried that this may be too much of a port and not a true transition to the console. They better have some Xbox Live co-op and such...

Either way, I held off on buying PS2 version for this, so I can't wait!

I'm just a bit worried that this may be too much of a port and not a true transition to the console. They better have some Xbox Live co-op and such...

It better have xbox live...although the downloadable content is what has me excited? New songs? Hell yeah >_>

The PS2 already have wireless guitars....
guitar1tk7.jpg

guitar2va1.jpg

Well I know about those new PS2 wireless ones... I was just really hoping that wireless would be standard for the Xbox360 guitars. Looks like we'll have to be up close and personal again.

Is it really that difficult for MS to say "Hey, here you go Red Octane, you get a limited license to use our wireless format so that our platform doesn't get one-upped by the PS2 by having wireless guitars"?

I wish, but I'm sure there's some legal snag that isn't allowing it... Either that or Microsoft doesn't trust them to create good Microsoft products since Harmonix (guys who make the controller IIRC) has only made Sony controllers.

Back