Gun for hire. Anyone need soundtracks for HL2 mods ?

D

David Newland

F.A.O. Anyone making HL2 mods / or anyone who just needs soundtracks in general. Am a semi pro soundtrack writer looking to break into the game soundtrack industry. To get an idea of what I have to offer , I made a tune set to the theme of an alien invasion called " Aliens : the return " at http://www.davidnewland.net/music.php?type=Instrumental
Anyone need a soundtrack and hear a tune from the site they already like , or any custom requests please contact me via [email protected]

good work, hope you find a decent mod :)
i'd love to have you onboard for resonance, but the stuff you've dont just doesn't suit space combat ;(

Some good stuff there.. While it wouldn't work for Sourceworld's Soundtrack on a whole, and we've already got a guy working on that. There might be one or two you could do for us all the same, but I'll need to listen to the other tracks before deciding on what. Meantime, have a read through the sourceworld section (bottom of the site forum) to get an idea of that project, especially the all you need to know thread, see if anything "inspires" you.

Onions >>> Which is why I am always open to requests.
I play guitars , keys , drums and ( when needed ! ) sing.
I can provide ambient / dance tunes also.
Even dreamy Vietnam-esque tunes ( try " Isley " in the instrumental section )
If you think of anything you need , fire suggestions to my email ok ?

I just started my hl2 mod. I would like to have you help nothing to reference to yet.

Hand 2 Hand thread in this Help Wanted

Sure ,
Email me at [email protected] with as much info as you can give me regarding theme / duration / pace / situation etc etc.
Same goes for Onion and sourceworld dude. Dont assume I'm limited to guitar based themes. Send any kinda ideas you want and I'll always have a crack at them.
Thanks !
- David

Heh I just thought of something.. Soundtrack inspired by Sourceworld.. almost a musical infact, kinda like Jeff Waynes WOTW album.. Always wanted to do something like that.

Big enough project for ya David? :)

Be careful what you wish for ;)
My website is only limited by space.
My back catalogue of music = 200+ songs.
I record at 96khz too using a rode nt2000 mic so if you need any lines / voice acting I can give that a shot too.
I made solo cd's for the mainstream for a while now. I just figured
I'd give this genre a shot as it's something I've always wanted to do.
Thanks for your interest and responses.
Appreciated.
- David

Well I reckon something could be done with Sourceworld, one area we haven't got covered yet are the actual "songs" of sourceworld. The soundtrack is covered but not the misc music, things like tavern music, elven songs, then there's the whole backstory to sourceworld, plenty of events in there could be turned into song.. :)

Well , as long as you know I'm about and am up for trying stuff like this I'll just await further instruction.

Ok, I'll put it to the vote with the others on the team, see what they think. Looks like SixThree is a supporter already though :D

That's good to know.
I love chinese food also.
Nothing nails a night on the town like a chicken chow mein ;)
Back to topic..
The only thing I cant really do are conventional weapon sounds.
( guns / shotguns etc etc )
Hi tech / futuristic weapon noises though I could have a crack at.

if you have some free time after sourceworld (i'm sure they'll want you), and can send me some ambient stuff, we can talk :)

Sure. Just be as specific as you can to your needs. Will save us both time :)

Back