Half-Life 1 went gold today 5 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost

Reaction score
November 8th, 5 years ago, it was announced that Half-Life had gone gold. It would be really nice if they did the same thing this time around, or at least gave us some information to comemorate the event!

We got a HL2 WMP skin.. gee, don't we feel special? :)

not really... but it is a rather damn cool WMP skin... not that I even use WMP :(

Lmao. I don't use WMP either... WinAmp3 user right here.

its such a good skin too... I just dont use WMP lol.

Winamp3 all the way :D

happy birthday half-life, hope your children will go gold soon
:cheers:

Originally posted by Ele
happy birthday half-life, hope your children will go gold soon
:cheers:

lol that cracked me up..

anyway Happy brithday Half Life! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It looks like they've missed the 5 year anniversary mark, but looking back, its really impressive that a 5 year old engine is still kicking the crap out of most new fps games with 10x better graphics. Great argument to use against people who think graphics make a game.

Wow, thats pretty cool... makes me wanna party...

WMP user here :eek: Just favor it because I have a multimedia keyboard that only seems to work with WMP. So I don't mind it that much.

Originally posted by Sushi
It looks like they've missed the 5 year anniversary mark, but looking back, its really impressive that a 5 year old engine is still kicking the crap out of most new fps games with 10x better graphics. Great argument to use against people who think graphics make a game.

Actually, that is a pretty bad argument, I think. The only argument for HLs longlivety starts with a C and ends with a E.

Originally posted by Hipshot
Actually, that is a pretty bad argument, I think. The only argument for HLs longlivety starts with a C and ends with a E.

Coke! Cocacola is what keeps the HL engine going.. :)

NS has a pretty big fanbase, as well as DoD, although CS is the biggest reason for the HL engine's success

Yea thats right, Cream Pie, thats what made and still is making HL so popular :)

Shuzer, its still only CS, NS and DoD cant keep the ship running, if CS never had come, Hl wouldent have been as big as it is, I think. Almost any HL player that now plays DoD, NS or any other mod has played Cs before, not all, but alot. A new player could play Mohaa or battlefield instead of Dod and NS isnt that big or atracting for everyone because of its theme and gameplay. Im no CS fan, Im just saying this as an answer to Sushi, you should never argue for HL and use anything graphical as a good point. When saying "its really impressive that a 5 year old engine is still kicking the crap out of most new fps games with 10x better graphics", The fan base without CS isnt so much bigger then for any other game, if it hasent been for CS, any other game could have been topic for debate and king of the hill, and still have 10x better graphics.

/me breaks down in tears and kisses HL 1 box..

Oh sweet Half-Life 1, that joy you brang me...lets make sweet love!!

/just jk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back