Half Life 2: Alternate Scenario

Sam Raven

Hunter
Reaction score
Imagine an alternate scenario where Gordon Freeman took no chances, ignored Alyx Vance and executed Dr Judith Mossman for her percieved betrayal in Nova Prospekt before the teleporting of Eli Vance, therefore Eli would have been sent back to Kliener's lab, and Alyx and Gordon followed soon after. Both a week later, but between the two teleportation events is the same time taken for the teleporter to recharge. ( I know I would have done this if I was in Gordon's shoes)

The destruction of Nova Prospekt would still have occured, triggering the Uprising. So since Eli is not a prisoner in the Citadel in this alternate scenario, the Resistance would probably still fight to the walls surrounding the Citadel, perhaps more efficiently with Eli's leadership.

However Judith Mossman is no longer there to turn the tables in the final scene, and Alyx presumably captured in this alternate scenario during the course of battle (or maybe not if Eli Vance's expert leadership would have steered her away from that broken bridge where she was captured).

Therefore the only way for Gordon to fight all the way to Breen's office without being compromised is to avoid being in a position where he is totally at the mercy of Dr. Breen. (i.e. hang from the transport pod with one hand and holding the Gravity Gun Beast mode with the other like a chimp rather than be confined within it like a Stalker). This part will require some coding changes.

Then I imagine Gordon Freeman would take a while to break down the office doors, giving time for Dr Breen to enter the Dark Fusion reactor, from which the canonical ending of Gordon racing to the top of the Dark Fusion Reactor and stopping him would follow.

It would have made for a more boring, too predictable, conventional ending, but what I feel would be closer to real life events. It seemed odd that Gordon would not realize that letting himself being confined to a transport pod was like taking the lift down in a building fire.

Thoughts?

(Please redirect me to threads where this has been discussed before, if such threads exist.)

But was Alyx's drive to reach Citadel to do with the fact Eli was inside, hence the reason she needed to get over that bridge. If that never happened, is it possible Alyx was never captured

Yeah that would be fine. But also remember Dr. Isaac Kleiner said the explosion at the Nova Prospekt was a signal to begin the uprising. In this alternate scenario it would be up to the modder/developer to decide if Alyx still would be part of the fight or hang back and let the resistance progress on its own initiative.

I would enjoy a more realistic take in that scenario. Sounds really good.

Back