Half Life 2, and CS: Source Error!!! HELP!!!

K

KaiN

alright...ive gotten this error for the longest time, from when i first got the game till now....i purchased this game almost like a year ago, give or take...and the thing still has not yet worked...i know its not my computer, cause plenty of my games work with not one error.....ne ways....i get this error in Half Life 2, and in Counter Strike Source...the error i get is an application error, i have screen captured the error, and ill post it with this thread. i have uninstalled, and reinstalled the game serveral times, along with verifying my files and reinstalling windows and whatnot...but ne ways, heres the error i recieve

ERROR.jpg

if u cant read that because it is too small it says this

Error Signature

AppName: Hl2.exe Appversion: 0.0.0.0 Modname: datacache.dll
Modversion: 0.0.0.0 offset: 00008a37

if ne one can help me with this, id gladly appreciate it...and please dont come back saying its an overheating problem, when they told me that in the very first place, when i first got this game....which didnt even help(cause it wasnt an overheating problem)....along with 3 other video cards....my best guess, its their own "mess up" and they cant figure it out, ive searched around everywhere on the net, not one person has a solution to this problem, although i heard there was going to be a debugger for datacache.dll or sumthin like that. if thats the case, i guess ill just have to wait if no one has figured this problem out.

so i guess no one has a solution to this problem right?...lol......

well everyone here was a great deal of help!! lol...no but seriously, the game seems to be workin on my end...i tried it last night and i dont know, i never got an error....and this all happened after i installed one of microsofts updates...which is here.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/890859.htm

Back