Half-Life 2 beaten in 2 hours 14 minutes

diluted

Reaction score
Nah, don't want to sit there for 2 hours and watch someone else beat the game I already beat..

I have watched it from beginning to end and I can say that as far as I can tell the guy did NOT cheat. He did play it on normal and he did use Grav jumping and Nade jumping skills as well as shortcuts, but that is not cheating in my book.

I enjoyed it. The guy is VERY skillfull. Worth the download if you ask me.

Might aswell download it because I'm bored and can afford to waste a few hours watching a status bar fill up... I'll tell you what I have thought of it when I've watched it.
Edit: Can't find download button... Oh well.
Edit2: Wait, I got it... Downloading now.

OMG how is it possible to complete this game in 2 hours and something??? i just cant imagine

i remember someone beating half life 1 in 45 minutes, no cheats either (exept snark jumping and level shortcuts :p)

considering how Ravenholm takes only 2.5 min and Follow Freeman takes 8 min in the speed run vids released, 2 hrs seems too long for a near-perfect speedrun to me.

Shadow][ said:
i remember someone beating half life 1 in 45 minutes, no cheats either (exept snark jumping and level shortcuts :p)

whats snark jumping?

mzhang23 said:
considering how Ravenholm takes only 2.5 min and Follow Freeman takes 8 min in the speed run vids released, 2 hrs seems too long for a near-perfect speedrun to me.

hmm i didnt see the follow freeman speedrun. where's that at?

Seem almost all the tricks so ill pass on this one.

Idonotbelonghere said:
whats snark jumping?
OMG U ****IN IDIOT... SNARK JUMPING U GET A ****ING SNARK AND HE ATTACKS YOU AND YOU GET PUSHED INTO THE AIR AND U JUST KEEP REPEATING IT ADN U CAN GO UP AS FAR AS YOU WANT YOU ****ING DICKHOLE

Garric said:
OMG U ****IN IDIOT... SNARK JUMPING U GET A ****ING SNARK AND HE ATTACKS YOU AND YOU GET PUSHED INTO THE AIR AND U JUST KEEP REPEATING IT ADN U CAN GO UP AS FAR AS YOU WANT YOU ****ING DICKHOLE

Calm down dude. :monkee:

Who cares if he did complete it in that time?

When a game as fantastic as Half Life 2 comes out, you take your time and enjoy the game, savour every minute. The game is what you make it. I feel sorry for people who think they're 1337 for completing a game faster than everyone else.

HalfLife2Addict said:
Who cares if he did complete it in that time?

When a game as fantastic as Half Life 2 comes out, you take your time and enjoy the game, savour every minute. The game is what you make it. I feel sorry for people who think they're 1337 for completing a game faster than everyone else.

er, why do people train and get better ot break records in sports etc ? for fame/personal reasons.

it's the same as this, except it's a videogame [as sad as that sounds].

and to the rest of you, we don't care if you don't want to watch the video, just don't post. - a little note, how many of you watch hours of sports, which you can easily go out and play yourself ?

and i'm downloading this atm, i never saw the 2:57 video so this should be good.

destrukt said:
er, why do people train and get better ot break records in sports etc ? for fame/personal reasons.

it's the same as this, except it's a videogame [as sad as that sounds].

Yeah, it is sad.

And in sports you actually get - you know - something called excercise. Something many of you "lol im 1337 i got a beta sc0re!" crowd are lacking.

Trying to excel people in single-player video games is stupid. Video games are escapism not competition.

Amazing a person can perfect such skills and complete a game in that short amount of time only using certain tricks.

Huge Cohones said:
ROFL not gone download a clip of 1.09 big to watch someone play a game I dont care about anymore.

Erm, you are on a Half Life 2 fan site you do know? Are you just here to laugh at others who actually are fans of the game??

HalfLife2Addict said:
Yeah, it is sad.

And in sports you actually get - you know - something called excercise. Something many of you "lol im 1337 i got a beta sc0re!" crowd are lacking.

Trying to excel people in single-player video games is stupid. Video games are escapism not competition.

people have different likes/options.

this is the exact same though as people becoming good @ sports. it's just a person becoming good @ something, just that if it's videogames your labelled as sad, pathetic, fat, etc.

who knows, maybe the guy who did this is also excels in sports, we'll probably never know, so let's not think about it and sit and watch the video.

Javes said:
Amazing a person can perfect such skills and complete a game in that short amount of time only using certain tricks.

Erm, you are on a Half Life 2 fan site you do know? Are you just here to laugh at others who actually are fans of the game??

Kinda yes

He cheated. Not delivering the car to lighthouse and not rescuing Barney, that later opens doors for him, is cheating. There are some cool tricks there but avoiding the game scenario is cheap.

It takes longer than you'd think because of all the dialogue areas you can't skip through.

Back