Half-Life 2 Deathmatch Guide

simmo

Tank
Reaction score
VIA gamers just sent word of a new three page deathmatch guide for valve's Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, which focuses on the weapon usage.
Pulse Rifle: Effectively this is a bigger badder and futuristic version of the SMG, capable of delivering 30 pulse rounds in quick succession as well as up to 3 bouncing balls of pulsing energy that vaporize any living target on contact. This weapon is more accurate than the SMG and should be aimed high in all but the longest distances. Like the SMG and shotgun, pulse rounds are highly effective at taking down an injured assailant.
I highly recommend this guide for people who are just starting out, having trouble, or just need tips on beating that ComradeBadger of ours.[br]Check out the guide here.

Nice work 'Badger. It was very informative on what I read. Even though 90% of that is what I already know. :)

No mention of catching pulse balls with the grav gun. Bunch of noobs. :p

Also, the 9mm pistol is probably one of the most powerful guns in the game, it can 1 hit kill anyone if they have no/low armour :)

You just have to know what to do, and if everyone tells everyone then they'll just nerf it and it will suck :(

Varsity said:
No mention of catching pulse balls with the grav gun. Bunch of noobs. :p

Even the big bad bouncing balls of the Pulse rifle can be caught

It's right in there. Talking about uses of the manipulator in various enviroments.

Super Mario! said:
Also, the 9mm pistol is probably one of the most powerful guns in the game, it can 1 hit kill anyone if they have no/low armour :)

You just have to know what to do, and if everyone tells everyone then they'll just nerf it and it will suck :(
Are you sure you weren't playing the super headshot AMX thing mod thing?

You have no idea you are playing it until someone tells you, or you realize your pistol shots to the head result in instand kills.

I think this is highly probable.. Don't nobody be surprised.

It's quite fun too.

Oh, and I > Badger

I didn't write this joule :O

Heh. Nice read :)

Oh, and veg.. care to proove that ;)

Very interesting article. The only thing I missed in it is that you can throw a grenade close to your feet and switch back to the grav gun very quickly to shoot the grenade quickly to your opponent which is far more effective in some situations than just throwing it to him.

ComradeBadger said:
No worries dude, I'll be writing a rival one ;)

heh, I wonder how many rivals ive created for you, after mentioning you on the FP :p teehee.

Back