Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Update Released

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
Just in time for the huge Verizon FiOS HL2: DM tournament, a long-awaited update has been released fixing a various number of bugs and exploits.
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
  • Players now respawn with a small amount of invincibility to prevent spawn camping
  • Fixed an exploit with the shotgun reload
  • Fixed an exploit with the gravitygun being able to move objects very quickly
  • Fixed an exploit where certain players could hide and shoot from some objects
For those looking to win the big $100,000, hopefully this update will have you feeling safe and secure as you are fragging the *&!@ out of people with toilets and sinks![br]Guess what? I didn’t even post the whole changelog. To see the brokendown list, click right cha - Or simply click my awesome banner. Oh, do I really need to remind you on how to receive the update?[br]
[br]P.S. To the winner of the $100K: PayPal SmashOwnsYou11 $500 of your earnings. KTHX!

A lot more changes than that, but those are the main ones.

TONS of bugs though. HP/Suit pickups don't work in Dedicated servers I hear.

Which makes 0 sense as that wasn't happening in the Beta when I was testing with CPL| Chris.

Fixed an exploit where players could move around very fast if they suicide with a box on their head

For some reason this made me laugh. Reminds me of that "ilovethemonkeyhead" guy in Age of Empires 2.

Practiced on their servers for a few hours today, can't wait to do the actual tournament :)

$10 says Fatal1ty takes it.

$50 says Fatality is a wank. Nuff said.

/me slaps Doom 3 MP players. 1v1 deathmatch is not what deathmatch games are about.

Ontopic: Updates wow that doesn't happen very often when it comes to DM so just wow.

Fixed an exploit where players could move around very fast if they suicide with a box on their head

I can still kinda use debree from explosive barrels as a magic carpet.

no fix for the gay jump exploit = meh @ Valve

it's the number 1 game breaker IMO at the moment. FIX IT!

PriNcE oF SpAcE said:
no fix for the gay jump exploit = meh @ Valve

it's the number 1 game breaker IMO at the moment. FIX IT!

Well maybe you should've helped them out with thier testing of the patch....

DiSTuRbEd said:
Well maybe you should've helped them out with thier testing of the patch....

where do I sign up?

because obviously I should have, seeing as Valve somehow failed to adresse it. I been wondering about writing them about it but figured that they'd fix it in the next update(this one)...I guess not, I wonder if they even play the game themselves...because I can't play a single match without one or more retards starting to be gay jumping around with their scripts or what so it would be quite hard to miss the issue. and no I'm not pissed because I can't kill them...I still own the dumbasses, just takes a little longer...problem is that there are other's that can't...giving the exploiters an unfair advantage.

in case anyone was wondering:

gay jumping exploit= instant jump that goes about twice as high as a normal jump and twice as fast. very jerky and very hard to hit.

ps. anyone using this exploit, choke and die kthxbye.

Just because you're too lazy to learn it doesn't mean it's a script.

According to demos sent to Valve, they don't consider it an exploit either.

Back