Half Life 2 Deathmatch

Ninja_Gaiden

Reaction score
I want to konw if there will be bots for this game (Half Life 2 Deathmatch) I think it is good to have bot to play with them Deathmatch. So dose any one know anything about it.

There is no word of official bots. I personally think that it would be impossible to make bots that use the gravity gun properly.

Even if they could do it.. Having any more than 3 bots running around doing all that calculation (which object to pick up, what tragectory to use, blah blah blah) would kill your CPU.

And there would be tons of bugs.

I personally see no need for bots.

Bots in HL2DM? It would be good for offline play on new maps that you just want to try out, but it would be really rubbish if they could be used in online mode. But like vegeta said, you imagination to be able to use the grav properly and effectively. The basic throwing of objects at people would be fine. but how about the tricks where you can block doorways and such with cars? Hl2DM is definitely a pure human game.

i don't want bots for hl2deathmatch. bots are good for games like counterstrike cuz when you die in multiplayer games, you hyave to wait 2 hours before respawning but in hl2dm you spawn instantly so i think bots are useless. better to practice by playing real players

Back