Half-life 2 doesnt work anymore.

totalrecall48

Reaction score
Some time ago I had Half life 2. It was working fine, no errors , nonstop, great fps and graphics. I actually beat the game.

2 Months later , I had to do an OS reinstall on my PC. There were just too many problems. After a clean install , I got all the same drivers I had.

I recently bought the Orange box. I wanted to play Half life 2 again. So I downloaded it from Steam , and launched it. It shows the Valve intro video then "loading" . The screen blinks after 30 seconds and then this message appears : HALF-LIFE 2: hl2.exe - Application Error
---------------------------
The instruction at "0x10dd1a8f" referenced memory at "0x0e5d1470". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

I checked with Steam to see if any files were corrupted, They were ok.
Also , I put -dxlevel 70 in launch options. The game loads and shows the menu. When I start a new game , the video of Gman is all laggy and the graphics are horrible. Then the error message appears.

What can I do to fix this problem. I want to play Half life 2 again.
Note: I can run Team fortress 2, no prob.

Thanks,

Edit: I just downloaded HL2 EP:1 same thing happens!

I would reinstall your drivers. It sounds like some sort of strange frame rate issue. If that doesn't work, then listen to someone else that knows a little better...

If you find a solution please post it. Ep 2 is doing that for me.

I reinstalled drivers, doesn't work. I have better than the recommended specs to run the game. And as I said , I already ran this game before! Dont understand why I cant run it now.:flame: Do you think I should reinstall the game even though steam said files were ok?

Try uninstalling the game and then reinstall the drivers. Once that is done, install the game again.

I said come in, don't stand there.

Back