Half-Life 2 doing horrible in the UK?

SoSorry

Reaction score
Half-Life2 doing horrible in the UK? A while ago I said Half-Life2 had a promotion problem called "bad advertising strategy". Well something seems to be affecting HL2 sales in some key parts of the world according to this article. Guess they should have ran more ads (even TV commercials), and scrapped the online authentication for singleplayer ! :D

Two new entries make their presence felt: Call of Duty: Finest Hour, the console version of the hit PC FPS, storms in as the highest new entry number at five, while Ubisoft's awesome Prince of Persia: Warrior Within debuts at a slightly disappointing 13.

Both of the recent console FPS big-hitters have slipped, with Microsoft's Halo 2 dumping three places from five to eight and Sony's Killzone dropping to 15 from 12. Half-Life 2 has slipped ten spots back to 19 and looks likely to disappear from the top twenty next week.

I don't know if Steam sales are factored in here, but I doubt they would make a huge difference.

I work in a video game store, and while HL2 seems to be selling very well on the PC (not enough to match The Sims though, and Medal of Honour was doing a bit better for a bit), the big console titles are selling a LOT more, especially GTA and Halo 2.

Back