Half-Life 2 & Doom 3 Only For Xbox?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorgon

Reaction score
Just spotted this bit of info over at 3DGPU.com!

Kaptain Kangaroo posted a scan of PC Gamer in our forums, showing a page with some games on there, and one of them is Half-Life 2, with the logo "Only On Xbox" stamped on it. Now we shouldn't jump to conclusions, but I think a lot of people still remember how Microsoft snatched Halo from us PC gamers, and if they managed to somehow wrangle Half-Life 2 away from us, I can't begin to imagine how many upset and very disappointed people there will be all over the world.

http://www.3dgpu.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=663

If this is true I would be pissed.
:flame:

If it is then I would be not just pissed..

More like enraged and insane!!!

.... but I doubt its true...

If it is though... No NO it cant be!

That's just dumb. (not your post, but the whole idea that it could be only on xbox)

You know how much money they would lose? Millions.

Read a few posts down:

Actually, that just means that PS2 and GameCube won't get the game. The "Xbox only" thing only applies to consoles.

It does NOT mean that PC won't get it. We still will get it.

That was actually the first thing that came to mind, Abom.

Don't panic too quickly, g0rg0n :cheese:

*edit* why am i back to being an AntLion again? :(

true true, i already knew that. but i only have one question: will hl2 and doom3 come first in xbox and later in pc?? i don't believe it, but i would like to rest assured

Originally posted by Tarkus
true true, i already knew that. but i only have one question: will hl2 and doom3 come first in xbox and later in pc?? i don't believe it, but i would like to rest assured

I seriously doubt that. The only PC games that I've seen come out on console first were ones that were optimized for a specific console. i.e. Prince of Persia:sands of time. There is no way that HL2 and Doom III are going to be optimized for console over PC.

nar

if they are keeping to the old plan then it was gona be a united world wide release. Something of a first in gaming might I add.

Originally posted by marksmanHL2 :)
nar

if they are keeping to the old plan then it was gona be a united world wide release. Something of a first in gaming might I add.
halo 2 ain't gonna be worldwide released?? i thought it would...oh well... when is halo 2 gonna be out anyways?

Just imagine how mad everyone would be if it was true! WOW. Riots and all sorts of crazy stuff :eek: But, Thank God it aint

That scan is pathetic.

"Halo2: The most important game of the year, bar none!", That statement is immensely retarded on so many levels.

"[HL2]...with a revolutionary new game engine that only fits on X-Box!"
What a moronic thing to say, whoever wrote that has no idea what they're talking about.

This may sound stupid, but why is PC Gamer going over Xbox games anyway?

As for the only on Xbox thing, what Abom quoted is right.

"[HL2]...with a revolutionary new game engine that only fits on X-Box!"
What a moronic thing to say, whoever wrote that has no idea what they're talking about.

well they know that an xbox can handle those games and the other consoles cant. worry yee not ppl. both HL2 and doom3 are PC games. The xbox is an easy port, thats all. carmack and co are working on 2 versions. PC and xbox. when i say PC i mean mac aswell, or should it be mac then IBM compatible?? hehe who cares?!?

Anyway trust me. Xbox will NOT be getting these games first. They will not be going the way of halo this time.

Man this looks scary, very scary to me:

Microsoft will buy AMD
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13077
Microsoft will hijack HL2 and Doom3

Guys what if this is true, I mean look at the news all over the Internet Microsoft got alot of money and they can buy AMD, why can't they give millions of $ £ to valve and id to get their hand on the biggest games. ;(

There is no reason to worry about this. I am mainly a console gamer, so I know the Only on Xbox stamp means the only "console" with the game will be the xbox. Many of the only on xbox games are also on the PC since that is not a console. So, thankfully, no news here.

Can the x-box do open gl then (for d3)? just i would have thought microsoft wouldn't let anything on the xbox run on anything but directx.

Originally posted by XavierS
There is no reason to worry about this. I am mainly a console gamer, so I know the Only on Xbox stamp means the only "console" with the game will be the xbox. Many of the only on xbox games are also on the PC since that is not a console. So, thankfully, no news here.

Beat me to it. Although I had to go to school and come back before I saw this thread... so technically, I beat YOU! Muhahahaha! I win! :afro:

Same rumour was posted quite a while ago (like 4 month ago) because of the same labeling.

Think about it:
HL2, mods, steam, etc.
Console only? Not gonna happen.

Okay.. Its prolly only on Xbox for the consoles.. not ps2 or gamecube (lol gamecube).. But it WILL be on PC. If not I will meet a few people with a shovel to the head.

Originally posted by G0rgon
Man this looks scary, very scary to me:

Microsoft will buy AMD
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13077
Microsoft will hijack HL2 and Doom3

Guys what if this is true, I mean look at the news all over the Internet Microsoft got alot of money and they can buy AMD, why can't they give millions of $ £ to valve and id to get their hand on the biggest games. ;(

gorgon...your getting your info from the inquirer...the INQUIRER! <rolls eyes> since when have they been right about anything?

Mel Gibson and Tom Cruize are brothers! More inside...

Originally posted by csmighty1
gorgon...your getting your info from the inquirer...the INQUIRER! <rolls eyes> since when have they been right about anything?

Mel Gibson and Tom Cruize are brothers! More inside...

You're talking about the ENQUIRER, not the Inquirer.

well valve is damn greedy i wouldnt be surprised if they sold out to microsoft

Originally posted by Mr. Pink

well valve is damn greedy i wouldnt be surprised if they sold out to microsoft

Wow. Stop typing in giant pink caps and bashing games/gaming companies, it hurts my eyes :)

I agree, this thread is dumb. Of course they're not console exclusive, it's already been stated that HL2 will be ported to XBox in the future.

Close or move to Rumors and Speculation please :)

Just to clear something up:

That magazine in that picture is NOT PC Gamer. That is fact.

gabe worked for microsoft (i think on windows 3.1)
so he loves them!
that why no linux and mac and hes doing DX and not opengl

Rainbox 6 and Soldier of fortune both have an only on xbox stamp, (that's on the proper boxes) it means that is an xbox exclusive on the consoles, as they are not trying to compete with pc, anyone who doubts half life 2 will have a pc release shud really consider an education (or buy and xbox :) )

You know what I should do, I should post that Xbox is the only console that is going to have Half-Life2, because nobody has said that yet.

:flame:

The article was just a 'What If...' Now if someone high up in Micro$oft sees it, it may go from 'what if' to 'when'. That would be scary, but it isn't happening, and it probably won't.
Well, another coup for Microsoft. Can't beat Billy Gates.

lol, everyone seems to be loosing there nut over this,, read carefully.. 'Exclusively on Xbox' (Xbox will get it first out of all consoles,, PC is seperate. and is still destined for the first releases), that pretty much sums it up,, its obviously a leaflet that comes with pc gamer. You should close the thread on this one.

And besides, it wouldn't make much sense, developing a game with lots of DX9 effects such as HDR for a console which only supports DX8.1 :)

Originally posted by PvtRyan
And besides, it wouldn't make much sense, developing a game with lots of DX9 effects such as HDR for a console which only supports DX8.1 :)

Yes your right, but the same happend to Halo, the bungie company were adding the latest and the most advanced tachnologies in that time for PC Halo three years ago, then Microsoft gave them over $60 Million to release it on xbox, and they did. They toned down the technology to the xbox level and thats it. After three years you got Halo on PC.

Originally posted by G0rgon
Yes your right, but the same happend to Halo, the bungie company were adding the latest and the most advanced tachnologies in that time for PC Halo three years ago, then Microsoft gave them over $60 Million to release it on xbox, and they did. They toned down the technology to the xbox level and thats it. After three years you got Halo on PC.

$60 million? Heh, I love the PNOOYA* statistics system.

*Pulling Numbers Out Of Your Ass

I'm sure valve created this whole Steam thing just not to use it and go X-box only.

That make perfect sence.. Lets intigrate the games UI with a PC based content delivery system and test that whole system out with our current games.. which took forever to do.. then just scrap it all for the game it's really being designed for.

Don't believe the FUD

you all know that we finished to contribute to a rumour that might go worldwide until someone clears us don't you?

Or I could just close this topic because it's just plain silly.

Now watch as it drifts off the bottom of the boards, and into hl2.net obscurity...

Originally posted by PiMuRho
Now watch as it drifts off the bottom of the boards, and into hl2.net obscurity...

But just like a terd, sometimes they comes back ;)

j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back