Half Life 2 Error Message, HELP WANTED

W

whystay

Okay, well I am at the part where the creature teaches you how to use the ball to tame the sandlions, so I threw a ball in the Pit then at the marine and then called the sea lions over and he raised the log and says farewell Mr Freeman and I go thur the cave and then there is a LOADING it loads to about half way or so and goes back to the main menu which I tried it again and again and the same things occur then it will close and you get a popup error message that says "The instruction '0x241f7c37' reference memory at '0x0106f5c0.' The memory could not be 'read'. Click 'OK' to terminate program."

I saw previous post for the same problem and I updated my all my drivers as have the updated of the current devicex
I also have my virtual memory at 512-1000mb

my pc specs are as follows

P42ghz
Asus Motherboard
1Gig High Performence Ram with Heatsinks
SBaudigy
ATI Radeon 9600se edition 128mb

I was thinking if anyone had the save file for after that part of the game maybe I can load it up on my HL2 and it will play alright not too sure but it was just a thought I had, any help would be appreciate thanks.

Have you tried re-installing HL2?
How many times has that happened.

This happened on home PC, sometime, usually it means your computer cant handle the game, of files are corrupt.

I got that error too RARELY on my new PC (see specs below) and my virtual memory is at...1500mb right now and I don't really get error messages. On my laptop however...whooo, I always get that error message. If I change a video setting it sits there and i wait to hear that Windows "dooonk" sound, lol. Also happens sometimes when I close HL2 and it installed HL2 on there like...4 times and get the same thing.

Rusty100 said:
This happened on home PC, sometime, usually it means your computer cant handle the game, of files are corrupt.

try not to waste time posting thigns that aren't helpful

Anyways, you should try to backup your save games then reinstall it. Not sure if that'd help. I'll see about getting you a saved game; check back later for my future posts.

Back