Half-life 2 error (Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library) everytime I save!

M

Marsmallos

What the title says

The crash occurs on every saving, auto save or loading new level or saving manually, but the file gets saved so I can continue if I start the game again, the game just crashes afterwards, always with this error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program\Steam\SteamApps\User\Half-Life-2\hl2.exe

abnormal program termination

I have tried editing every option, playing in windowed/fullscreen etc.
I have good framerates and so on, but everytime the game tries to Autosave it crashes and that iis annoying since it autosaves often.

I wanna play this game, so could someone tell me how to fix this problem?

Great forums I will recommend it to everyone having problems with their game, your tech support almost rivals Blizzard Entertainments! Thanks for the numerous helpful replies!

Thanks for the reply but the hotfix seemed to be for another runtime error than the one I am getting :(

I installed the game yesterday so I don't see why the game files should be corrupted. I have no viruses or spyware, did a full scan last sunday.

Updated your graphical drivers to their latest version? Updated to your latest directx version?

Also validate your HL2 files - right click HL2, properties, files tab, validate integrity of game cache.

Do your general computer health check processes, and look for possible conflicting programmes.

Also, the hotfix suggested is for various C/C++ Runtime errors, so worth looking into.

Lastly, we're not obliged to help you, we do so at our earliest convenience. So learn some manners before throwing your toys out the pram your answer hasn't come instantaneously.

Back