Half-life 2 Geforce FX tweak

Your only ment to select a file from the bin folder so it can cert the directory, it won't let you launch HL2 however from 3danalyze (I have the same card) just boot up HL2 normally, I didn't really notice a preformance boost, but anyway.

ya, but the thing is i can load the hl2.exe in the 1st column then in the second column i cant see any files in the half-life2/bin folder (there are files in the BIN when i look at it thorugh windows explorer) and in the last coulmn the steam.exe -now after i find out how to load the second column do i click run in 3danalyze?

BTW what kinda of fps are you getting and at what graphic settings?

I have a 5600 and it works perfectly on directx8 1024x768 2xAA everything maxed out, around 60fps, but I dont even bother puttin' it to directx9 cuz even on 640x480 everything low I get like, 20fps... even less... I bought a x800pro 256mb and it will arrive next saturday, I'm just tired of this card, don't think it will be able to handle next gen games that good... just a thought...

ya, i realized that if i have settings on low/high it doesnt really make a difference in fps when standing still. But still i dont see how your 5600 works with everything on max. Did you overclock it ? make any tweaks to the game settings? etc.?

WTF, I have geforce fx 5700 LE and it runs like shit. But I remember it's set to direct x 9 somewhere and THeres no option to change it.. maybe thats why it runs like 20fps at high "crap" areas..

Any Ideas.. I'm missed off now because everything is so slow and i have to idea what the reason is?
what's the command to change direct x in the console?

type -dxlevel90 and the fx 5700le is the same speed as the 5200 but u could jsut overclock it

giant384 said:
type -dxlevel90 and the fx 5700le is the same speed as the 5200 but u could jsut overclock it
not sure how to overclock.. never done it.

Back