Half-Life 2 Gets 9.7 From IGN

na review is not up yet but score is there.

was suprised to see that it got a 10 on graphics and not gameplay, they say it passes doom3 graphically, w00t

IGN seems to really like it. They threw around words like "best single player game ever," and "msterpiece." That makes me smile.

w0000000t 9.7 i knew i could trust IGN !! Gamespot 9.2 = gamespot lame players

"Half-Life 2 is, simply put, the best single-player shooter ever released for the PC."

Cool review... and honestly this is the first time I've felt that hype spirit in about a year... thanks reviews!!!! I thought I had lost it forever! Viva la HL2 :D!!!

Can anyone tell me if the review is spoiler-free, so I can read it? I don't bother with GS because their reviews are getting crappier by the week and usually contain spoilers...

IGN is very trustworthy. 9.7 is enormous. This means the hype is true. We'll be playing the best game ever tomorrow at this time. Yeah. Valve we love you!!!!!!

Can someone post the review here in text format? My work firewall won't let me access the site. :(

Solver said:
Can anyone tell me if the review is spoiler-free, so I can read it? I don't bother with GS because their reviews are getting crappier by the week and usually contain spoilers...

I'm not sure. I read the first page, then on the second page he started mentionign something about the start of the game so I skipped ahead to the conclusion incase there were spoilers, so I can't tell ya one way or the other

IGN is very trustworthy. This means the hype is true and we'll be playing the best game ever tomorrow. Valve we love you!!!!!

Oh good news. He says early on in the review that there will be no spoilers. The only minor point he mentions is that the game starts on the train to C17, something we knew. So all can read safely.

Back