Half-Life 2 Mod Audio

CitrusC

Reaction score
Hey,
If you of you guys need any assistance in how to record certain sounds, or suggestions to produce certain noises, editing techs, equipment to use, etc. Just post your question in here and I'll help to the best of my ability. :)

*grins*

I can give techs on how to produce certain noises, not tell you what noises to produce, heh.

N!k0n, I've added you to ICQ.

we still don't have a sound guy in our team,
we have modelers/texturers/mappers/coders etc
but no sound guy, so if you are intressted to work with us, tell me :p

our mod site is www.off-limits.be

offcourse you wont be able to do a heck of alot at first, you could however already make some weapon sounds :) but since the mod is still not far in development there isn't really alot, we are finisching the weapon model we have and going to start making textures for them.
So when they are done, sounds could become handy :)

let me know if your intressted

Althru your offer does sound pretty good, I'm tied to Narcissistic Gaming, sorry! But, on the otherhand, if you need any help with mod audio - like if you do it yourself, don't be afraid to ask for pointers. I'm here to help.

can you recommend any programs to toy with? ...to make let's say gun sounds, or other things? :)

Well, the best all arounder has to be Cool edit pro, which has recently changed it's name, can't remember what too - I use Cool Edit Pro 2, myself. To make gun sounds, you're best getting a medium (a pre-recorded sound), and changing it to your needs.

It's now Adobe Audition. I am really hating Adobe right now. They should stick to grfx and not go meddling around the audio side. I think they made cool edit worse when they bought syntrillium out. And adobe charges way too much for their products. Most of Auditions changes were mostly cosmetic, but still not a good change. :flame:

Damn... The only decent Adobe product is Premeire >:/

What do they think they are doing?

Have they no respect for genius?

Oh, wait a sec - this means that I can distribute Cool Edit Pro 2 and a c***k for it legally, as it is no longer no-one property. Just gotta see if it HAS a c***k, now.

There is one for it. I just downloaded one not too long ago. I might still have it.

Maybe we can put a pack together for these people, after all - it is now legal, as the software distribution license has now expired ^_^

AHA! :) Just get the latest version c***k, and I'll get the latest trial, zip it up, upload it and post a link.

ATTENTION: Please remember that is is NOT illegal. This product is no longer owned by anyone, as the name and distributer has changed. It is pretty much freeware.

it still has copyright..sry, but it is still illegal... adobe just have the licence now... they basicly own cool edit as well..

so where's a good place to get gunshot sounds? I was thinking movies, but that has to be illegal. Maybe if I changed them a lot or something...

It is illegal to sample off films BUT no-one is gonna sue you for it. I'd like to see a film maker say " Wait wasnt that the gunshot sound we made in Indiana Jones and the temple of doom"

lol. Well the best legal way (and the safest) to get gunshot sounds is from a sound library of military sfx.

Heres a good site for sound libraries:
http://www.dewolfemusic.com/sound_effects/default.asp

And heres the sound sample for the Warfare disk on that site:
http://www.dewolfemusic.com/sound_effects/clips/dwsfxcd_010.rm

A bit costly for all disks ($850), but $60 for a single disk isn't too bad. :)

If you don't want to spend the money, then go to a shooting range with a mic and take the risk of hurting the mic diaphragm. <-- Not cool.

Originally posted by jonnyjay
It is illegal to sample off films BUT no-one is gonna sue you for it. I'd like to see a film maker say " Wait wasnt that the gunshot sound we made in Indiana Jones and the temple of doom"

So much for integrity.

Originally posted by Sniper
Damn... The only decent Adobe product is Premeire >:/
Woot, do I hear you dissing Photoshop? ;[

zibo: Photoshop? HAH! *pisses on photoshop* That's a excellent program ^_^

Back