Half Life 2 Mods Not Showing up in Steam

SpongeJerk

Reaction score
Ok, I'm having trouble getting some mods to work. In fact, the only one I could get to work was Minerva, and that's because it has it's own installer. I extract them into the correct folder, but it's not showing up in Steam. Could it be because my Steam installation is in "Program Files (x86) instead of the normal "Program Files"? I just don't know. Can someone please help? I've searched through a ton of different places for the last 2 days and I can't find a solution.

PS: I only have Hl2: Episode 1 on Steam, Currently. Also, any mod that doesn't need to be extracted has worked fine(ex: Zombie Panic Source, which I downloaded through Steam). The mods I've tried to get working are Wivenhoe, Dayhard, Eclipse, and Mistake Of Pythagorasus. I can't remember what it's called exactly.

This "right folder" you speak of, could you tell us what that is?

And are you sure you don't have the mod contents within an extra folder in the path? Like for example, the /hl2/ folder should be right in the main mod folder (whatever the mod name is called)

This "right folder" you speak of, could you tell us what that is?

And are you sure you don't have the mod contents within an extra folder in the path? Like for example, the /hl2/ folder should be right in the main mod folder (whatever the mod name is called)

I'm putting it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Valve\SteamApps\SourceMods"

So after putting in the mod Wivenhoe, it'd look like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Valve\SteamApps\SourceMods\TheFallOfRavenholm"

Minerva installs in the exact same folder and works fine. The only difference is that it has it's own installer, so I don't have to extract it.

..You've tried restarted Steam, right..?

Well, assuming you have, incorrect directory paths might be the problem.

..You've tried restarted Steam, right..?

Well, assuming you have, incorrect directory paths might be the problem.

Haha ya, over and over and over. I've tried extracting various mods like 25 times now. And I don't think I have an incorrect path because Minerva installs in the same folder and works fine. The only difference I can see is that it has it's own installer. What could the difference be, other than that?

not sure really.. check your steam settings and try verifying the files of your source game..

Back