Half Life 2 no damage run - Finishing game without taking any damage

gg17

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm attempting a no damage run in Half Life 2. Playing not for the speed but to avoid bullets and kill before getting hit.

I thought it may be interesting for this community.

Link for the list of videos is at http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1632875

Some notes:
- this is not a speed run, but I've tried to be reasonably fast, skipping many "side quests" and not killing everyone
- cutscenes are fast forwarded
- each segment (level transition/quickload) is clearly marked in the video with an icon
- no hacks or cheats, hard difficulty
- limited use of exploits (documented if used), but skipping large parts of the level is not allowed

Enjoy,
George

How is this possible??

if you get hurt, do you mean start from the begining of the chapter again?

If I get hurt, I reload last save :)

This is not a single-segment run, I quicksave a lot. It's still hard to avoid damage.

There are no cutscenes or side quests in Half-Life 2.

Thats going to be tough... if you achieve it put it on youtube...you never know

If you do then you are my hero,

When you finish will you do the chapters or the origonal half life?

See the link he has posted, currently I'm watching chapter 7 without the buggy :eek:

There are no cutscenes or side quests in Half-Life 2.

By cutscenes I mean scripted dialogues which I cannot skip.

And I've quoted words side quests. I meant e.g. buildings along the coast in highway 17, where you don't have to go.

I try to put new video each week, so check out the thread in steam forums (link is in my first post). Newest video is from Nova prospekt.

Probably, but I think end of episode 2 (many hunters) will be almost impossible to do without getting hurt.

that was exactly what i was thinking. is was going to try takng that challenge for episode 1 or 2 but i thought about the ending strider battle and i don't know if it is possible
also the waiting for the elevator in ep 1 with the zombies would be hard

By cutscenes I mean scripted dialogues which I cannot skip.

And I've quoted words side quests. I meant e.g. buildings along the coast in highway 17, where you don't have to go.

I try to put new video each week, so check out the thread in steam forums (link is in my first post). Newest video is from Nova prospekt.

Gotcha.

This reminds me of a mod called counter-life, a cross between cs1.6 and hl1, where you go through half-life with the counterstrike weapons and the counterstrike damage system, in that if you get shot more than three times, you die. I remember having to spam grenades everywhere. Good times.

It's already been done on the forums in like 04 - 05.

You're biggest challenge will be not taking damage when your buggy falls off it's magnet.

Just saw the rest of nova prospekt, that turret thing is realy nicely done but I got 1 remark on the first turret defence: put the 2 turrets like that that they hve a nice over view on the balcony that way almost none Combine soldier can come up ;)

Back