Half Life 2 NO MORE CD REQUIRED WITH THE UPDATE?

J

J Hater

"Half-Life 2
Solved disc in drive incompatibility error by removing Securom disc check routine"

does that mean that u don't have to insert the cd everytime u wanna play hl2??? or what???

Well, I've just realised that I was playing CSS last night with FarCry in the drive.

So, yes.

OMG i just found it now! Rofl im going to hear some music when playing hl dm! :D
Thanks, VALVe! :p

lol....a day later...yes this is what it means, they put it rather homosexually didnt they ?

I just realized this last night as well - first time I'd played in a few days and I was pleasantly suprised to see that I could fire up both HL2 and CS:S without the DVD.

Lazy as it sounds, the games I have that don't require cd checks, get more playing time. When I look through the 50 or so taskbar icons of which games to play, those that require a cd that I have to get up and go dig around for get shunted aside.

GG!

Hey, just one quick question for retail people. When you first install, do you NEED the DVD or can you just enter in your CD key into and download hl2/cs:s from steam?

My mate gets a blue screen of death when he puts his DVD in, so you can imagine he's pretty eqar to find out.

I'll be grateful for any replies, he's got his thumb up his arse just gagging to know.

I never used my CDs and I bought retail,
You can pre-load with the CDkey

God bless ya Lang, few more confirmed cases would be nice tho. I would feel like shit if he registered it and no way he could return/use it.

urban said:
lol....a day later...yes this is what it means, they put it rather homosexually didnt they ?

they were trying to hide it :rolleyes:

Langues said:
I never used my CDs and I bought retail,
You can pre-load with the CDkey

Ummm, yeah, thats why when I had hl2 preloaded on my pc for a few weeks, put in retail cdkey, and BAM! need cd to play.

DiSTuRbEd said:
Ummm, yeah, thats why when I had hl2 preloaded on my pc for a few weeks, put in retail cdkey, and BAM! need cd to play.

that's before the update tho?

Awesome! Yayyyy! Now I'll play more since I'm too lazy to put the CD in! :LOL:

CDDDD SPACE!!

I have not touched a game disk in ages, I install them, cdspace em and put them in a rack. Only time they ever come out is every couple years or so due to me formatting.

DiSTuRbEd said:

You can pre-load with the Cd key, and with the new patch you can play without the CD. Before the patch you needed the Cd to play

Y45Or3U3fI3fD3rI3rOgewT

no its random gibberish, though you are more than welcome to try it.

Y45Or3U3fI3fD3rI3rOgewT

It is very good news as i can now play HL2 and HL2DM.
I love HL2DM so much and im actually good at it, I usually come top of my team or just below.

Back