Half-Life 2 postponed? :(

Kleptomaniac

Reaction score
OK, don't shoot the messenger here, butboomtown.net is stating quite clearly that Half-Life 2 has been postponed until Christmas.

"What we've all been fearing is now reality - Half-Life 2 is being postponed. Because of the delay of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, which is to be released this September - as well as Half-Life 2 was, we won't be seeing Half-Life 2 on the shelves this summer after all.

There is reasonable doubt to believe that we won't be seeing Half-Life 2 until December or January. Valve does not have an interest in killing the success of Condition Zero. This would undoubtedly happen if the two titles were released at the same time. Vivendi Universal haven't officially confirmed this, but they probably will in the nearest future.

So we will probably have to wait until christmas 2003 to get our hands on Half-Life 2.
"

Say it isn't so ;(

Doubtfull. I mean, wtf is BoomTown.Net?
And why would they know before PHL etc

My guess is they've seen the release date on Amazon.Com which is wrong and decided to make an unsubstantiated news post about it.

I hope not, I don't even care about CS:CZ. I just want HL2. But if it is delayed it will give me more time to build a better system for it.

But the post above me is more likely correct. So back to making money for a new computer.

what the hell can somebody email gabe and ask him if this is true.
why cant they just post pone counter-strike. :flame: :flame: :dozey:

Originally posted by Chris_D
Doubtfull. I mean, wtf is BoomTown.Net?
And why would they know before PHL etc

My guess is they've seen the release date on Amazon.Com which is wrong and decided to make an unsubstantiated news post about it.

good call.:cheers:

Gabe's said numerous times that unless it comes from his mouth, these 'delays' are not true.

That doesn't make much sense. CZ shouldn't have an impact on HL2. HL2 has to directly compete with Deus Ex 2 and Doom 3, so why would CZ screw up HL2's opportunity to compete with them?

They are probably just trying to get attention to their site atleast lets hope thats it.

boomtown.net is a danish ... netcafe, online store, they run servers and .. now they also run aenglish site and no i wouldnt beleave them ....

Originally posted by Xcellere
That doesn't make much sense. CZ shouldn't have an impact on HL2. HL2 has to directly compete with Deus Ex 2 and Doom 3, so why would CZ screw up HL2's opportunity to compete with them?

NO its not that they are competing its because they are from the same company and dont want to compete

Also CS:CZ is nothing to do with Valve Software anymore. Ritualistic have got the whole running of it with Valve just looking over their shoulders.

As far as I'm concerned CS:CZ could be delayed until 2004 and it still wouldn't have any effect towards HL2.

and it seems that he wasnt even informed by anyone. If you look at say planethalflife.com it will say ex. gabe informed me ....blah blah blah

Ummm.... i won't be getting Cs: Cz even if Half-Life 2 was delayed. The game was supposed to be released years ago and it has switched developers 3 times already. I can't imagine anyone getting it now, with Cs2 and Half-life 2 being developed/finished.

As far as that post goes... i won't trust it until someone reliable gets e-mail confirmation from Valve.

OK, well before everyone e-mails Gabe can I just inform you that I've sent an e-mail to him and Planet Half Life to see if either of them can put us straight. So please don't bother Gabe about that any further, he's busy enough.

Also, that e-mail address above should be spammed to shit. I want that liar to have double the amount of emails that Gabe is gonna get as a result of his lying.

"Vivendi Universal haven't officially confirmed this..."
All the proof I need right there.

Originally posted by Direwolf
"Vivendi Universal haven't officially confirmed this..."
All the proof I need right there.
can i get a link?

"I doubt the validity of their claims...

Although I also wouldn't really be surprised if Valve postpone the HL2
release date.

Either way, I'll send an email to Valve to clear it up.

Cheers,

-STEWART
http://www.planethalflife.com"

This is what I sent to boomtown:

"Where did you get your information from? And can you explain what effect CS:CZ being cancelled has on anything to do with HL2 or Valve seeing as CS:CZ is now being independently developed by Ritual Software. I suggest you remove your claims as soon as possible as it is unconfirmed trash and as a result of it, if it isn't true then people like Gabe Newell at Valve will be hoarded with e-mails that he'd have to search through. Not fair considering this all stems from a rumour that your best friend's next door neighbour's cousin's brother [:D] started because amazon.com published the wrong release dates.

Originally posted by Chris_D
This is what I sent to boomtown:

"Where did you get your information from? And can you explain what effect CS:CZ being cancelled has on anything to do with HL2 or Valve seeing as CS:CZ is now being independently developed by Ritual Software. I suggest you remove your claims as soon as possible as it is unconfirmed trash and as a result of it, if it isn't true then people like Gabe Newell at Valve will be hoarded with e-mails that he'd have to search through. Not fair considering this all stems from a rumour that your best friend's next door neighbour's cousin's brother [:D] started because amazon.com published the wrong release dates.

hahahaha good way to go.:cheers:

man i feel sorry for gabe getting raped with emails cause of this

9 am at Valve boys. Expect the steam arm icon to start rolling within the next few hours. :)

I believe all the points I made there were completely 100% true and officially confirmed at some point in the last few months. His weren't. I'd like to see what sort of reply I get.

I'm anticipating:

Omfg u son of a bi**h i f**ing own yo mommas ass!"!£ I'm a teh 13373r then u! I#'m ginna beet teh shitz out of u punk ass bitch"

This is complete bullplop and speculation and news like this is designed to get hits to a site.

Until very recently I used to write articles for the UK arm of Boomtown, and that was all above board, but I don't know very much about the news sources.

I would laugh histerically, get the quote put up on all major sites, bringing them down to a new low.

Well you know, there's no such thing as bad publicity, so doing something like that would probably do more good than harm ;)

Boomtown seems to be the only news site to be saying this.

I hope that pile of shit Condition Zero hasn't delayed my beautiful game, otherwise heads will roll.

no alls it does is piss everyone off. Including hl2 team for making up lies that they have to control

Back