Half Life 2 reported scary by Mircosoft

I don't know how much I want to believe what their definition of scary is, seeing how a game called "Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths" is also on their list. Shiver me timbers!!!

Well. . .Im sure there will be some jumpy moments in the game.

That is the reason the people play halo, it is not "Scary"

another illustration of why microsoft sucks balls and bill gates should go hang himself, they're just being dumb now, look at the list of games, til you get to HL2 it's a fricking joke

Right Microsoft sucks balls. Which is why they have a multi billion dollar buisness.

Tab said:
Right Microsoft sucks balls. Which is why they have a multi billion dollar buisness.

Right. And Bill Gates should hang himself, while he has meant more to the world and gave more to charity and his sorry ass will ever do.

spitcodfry said:
I don't know how much I want to believe what their definition of scary is, seeing how a game called "Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths" is also on their list. Shiver me timbers!!!

lmao
char lim

shark said:
That is the reason the people play halo, it is not "Scary"

Yeah, thats the reason :rolleyes: It's certainly not because Halo is one of the greatest games of our time.

Just look at Ravenholm. It's gonna be one scary ride through that part of the game. :O

These new headcrabs are like spiders... And the terrifying zombie screams... AHHH!!!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OOOOOoooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOO ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh.... i want hl2 NOW!!!!!!

iamaelephant said:
Yeah, thats the reason :rolleyes: It's certainly not because Halo is one of the greatest games of our time.

Yes because everyone is claiming that, wait. . .nope its just you.

Tab.... it is...... There two of us now! :p

But seriously I mean you guys gotta stop being such HL2 fan boy nazi's, and open your eyes.... Realize how many other good games are out there and at least fricking recognize them!

Halo2, Half-Life 2, Doom3, Sims2 (eh maybe kinda pushing it but the ladies might think this)

All are great games for our time. Obviously not everyone thinks so but they are!

LoL M$ is so funny at times :p :p HL2 = scary hehehe

Reminds of that video of the german kids playing Doom3... Probably Bill Gates was like that with HL2 then :p

Say what you want, but i bet Bill's kids have already played HL2.

Anthraxxx said:
what?!?! Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 is scary?? ROFL :p

Yes, it's scary... for kids... retarded kids... ahhh I give up. How can RCT4 be scary!?

What is scary? If they mean cheap B00OOooo!!-type scary as in doom3, HL2 deserves not to be on that list.
But if they mean creepy atmosphere-type scary then, yeah HL2 should be on it.

just my 2ct

Tab said:
Well. . .Im sure there will be some jumpy moments in the game.

Definitely. Those runner zombies are bound to catch you off guard a few times. You're walking between dead trees in a dimly lit area, listening to those things making creepy sounds in the distance somewhere. Suddenly one runs up on your side and tackles you. If the lights are off and the sound is up, I guarantee that if you're looking to be scared, there will be plenty of creepy moments in HL2.

-UnmarkedOne

Awwww widdle micwosoft gwot scwaweed oof halflife2

There is one scary level in the leak, so I wouldnt be suprised if there was more.

*gasp* THE L WORD

BURN THE WITCH, BURN THE WITCH

and Doom3 was too scary you lying poopoohead :p

doom3 was scary, doom3 was quite good. i like many other PC and console games HOWEVER i do not like halo.
does this make me a nazi hl2 fan? i dont think so, i just dont like halo.

Wesisapie said:
doom3 was scary, doom3 was quite good. i like many other PC and console games HOWEVER i do not like halo.
Well if it does this would be the HL2 third reich, a lot of people here don't like halo/halo2.
I'm one of them, halo's to me seems to be something that hangs between pc's and consoles.
It really feels sluggish on the pc, like you're a 400lb guy.
On the box, imo, it doesnt work either, with that controller, putting the crosshair on someone feels like putting a nail in the wall by throwing rocks at it.

I haven't played all of Doom 3, but I did download the demo to see if I would like it. I found it more annoying than scary. It got to the point (mind you this isn't even hours into the game) where I knew where enemies were going to spawn. Sure it might make you jump a bit (even when you know it's coming), but it's not scary. Maybe there's something later on in the game that's actually scary, but I'll never know. I'm not patient enough to play through 20 hours of that kind of boring gameplay.

Now you want a scary game? Get System Shock 2. You may have a tough time finding it, but I'm sure you could get it on Ebay and maybe even bargain bins at some stores. The first time I played it, I had to quit for several months because it freaked me out that much (granted I was 16 or so at the time). But that game has the most tense atmosphere of any game ever, not to mention the creepiest voice acting you've ever heard. Wandering the halls of the Von Braun, hearing the moans of zombies, wondering if the next time you pull the trigger if the gun will even work. That freaking scary.

I kind of agree with you kaellinn.. i did not like doom3 at all. it was not scary at all and damn predictable. the most annoying thing i would say is the space, i get claustrophobic like hell! why even bother adding the sidestep function? theres really no place to move! if you wanna try a scary game try call of cthulu prisoner of ice :) or for those who dont appreciate old games, try clive barkers undying. (sorry for my bad typing, im norwegian :p )

Yeah, the headcrabs freaked me out big time (especially the first time I played and one jumped at my face). What freaked me out the most were the assassins. They would always run up behind me, nail me with a shot, and run off, leaving me bewildered while another one did the same thing from another side. Those damn things killed me several times when I first played.

Wesisapie said:

I dnt like Halo either :dozey: !!!!!!

And D00M3 was quite scary, specially if your a wuss like me!

Raaarrrr the zombie screaams aaaahahahahahha rrarrrrrrrrr!!!! now thats sum scary stuff.

And Bill Gates is the best!!

Back