Half Life 2 - Save Game

T

tkj

Hello Everybody.
I've got this problem, that i've reinstalled my pc, but i backed up my HL2 savegames before reinstalling.
But now, when i have pasted them into Steam\SteamApps\<nickname>\Half-life 2\hl2\SAVE Half Life 2 is just telling me that the "Save File is not valid" (shows up in the Console after selecting savegame)

I can see the pictures of the different savegames, but i cannot play them :frown:

Steam should automatically reinstall all of your games if you sign into your account again. You don't need to copy and paste the files, because certain files won't go with it.

Steam isn't copying the Save Games, it's them i talk about! It's them i have copied to
Valve\Steamapps\<nickname>\Half-Life 2\hl2\SAVE

Steam isn't copying the Save Games, it's them i talk about! It's them i have copied to
Valve\Steamapps\<nickname>\Half-Life 2\hl2\SAVE

... What the hell wouldn't it reinstall your save files for?

... Iono man, that's a head-scratcher there... But do you really have some huge save files that you need? There's a console command that will unlock all of the chapters for you, i could search for it, but you might have some more fun just playing through the game again... Unless someone else can help you with it, I don't know... You might try a steam tech & support chat, or something like that. :/

I'll try to find the code for you. I'll post it as soon as I get it. :)

Sorry I cant be much help. :(

Okay, i found the code. Go into Half-Life 2 and (If you haven't already) enable the developer console. (Go into options, click on the "Keyboard" tab, and click advanced, and check the box "Enable Developer Console") and then go into the console and type in sv_unlockedchapters 15. :D

To open the console you have to click the ` key, to the left of the 1/! key.

It's because i have my savefiles, and i want to continue from there, as i don't want to begin from the start again :(

Then what?
Just start over everytime you start Half Life 2?

Then what?
Just start over everytime you start Half Life 2?

Go into Half-Life 2 and (If you haven't already) enable the developer console. (Go into options, click on the "Keyboard" tab, and click advanced, and check the box "Enable Developer Console") and then go into the console and type in sv_unlockedchapters 15.

For the second time... Even still it'snot such a big deal... is it gonna kill you to play through the game and get an awesome experience again? I think not... In the time it took for you to get someone to help you with this you could have finished the game again...

Back