Half-Life 2 SDK Shipping After Game

Harryz

Tank
Reaction score
Half-Life 2 in the news, and not relating to a Steam update? Seems a bit unexpected given things as of late, but today it appears to be the case. Specifically, The Cats Cry developer, TJS Entertainment posted a bit of news that might come as less than great to modders. Specifically, going against earlier comments from Valve, it seems that while the Hammer editor/development environment for Half-Life 2 will be shipped with the game, that the Half-Life 2 Software Development Kit (SDK) won't be shipped until after the release of the game. Half-Life 2 is scheduled for release later this year for the PC.

-GameGossip

Didn't see this posted.

thta suxx valve suxx VU suxx everyone sux only my mum doesnt

Doesn't really constitute news. They refer to an "announcement", yet no announcement has been made.

Lemonking said:
thta suxx valve suxx VU suxx everyone sux only my mum doesnt

my mate said your mum did su....(refrains from finishing rude joke)

Yeah. Nothing is really set in stone until Valve officially confirms it. :rolleyes:
Though I would take it into consideration.

well it could be news since valve are always saying the SDK is coming "soon"... if this is true then it means hl2 is coming sooner

Bah. I wasn't a very good mapper with the original anyway.

*twiddles thumbs*

I'm just going to presume it'll arrive soon after the actual game; although an early release for a few mods would've been nice.

Uh... why would any half-decent news site post a blurb they saw on a MOD's website? This stinks of much misinformation.

turns out im gonna be too busy playing hl2 to give a shit....

Back