Half Life 2 - Should it run smoothly??

C

Clarkey

You folk think it should be ok, given the specs below...?

Pc spec is AMD Athlon XP2100 1.74 Ghz, 512mb ram, Nvidia Geforce2 MX/MX 400

At a guess i think i'd be better off getting a new graphics card...?

Cheers for any help/info

ya new gfx card and mabye u could upgrade the proccesor

If you run it at the lowest resolution and all lowest settings then maybe it'll be ok.

Lol im running Hl2 on a 866mhz, 384mb and a GF4 ti4200 and I have almost finished the game I think you should be alright but the gfx card sucks just buy a new cheap gfx card.

I'm running it at 1024x768 with every think on medium.

Yeah, the video card is weak. If you get a new one, the game will run pretty fine, with this card, you'd have to play on low settings.

I have the same, except a GeForce3 ti200, and i run at 800x600 all med settings, high shaders/shadows and it's fine. (no AA for AF though)

i'm running 2 gig athlon xp, 256 ram, and geforce 4 mx440 and it runs great. obviously the graphics aren't as good as they would be on a high end gfx card but its stilla a superb game. when i do get round to upgrading to a better gfx card it'll just be a bonus!

To the original poster:

I'm using 1GHz AMD T'bird, with 1G SDRAM and a GEForce FX5600 128MB card. Runs fine on medium to high settings at 800x600, but framrate stutters during bigger battles. I have room to drop the specs down for these sections though.

So just upgrading your card should do it, IMO

I'm running it on a P133, 32meg ram and 8meg onboard graphics, so there beat that!

:LOL:

maxblack said:
I'm running it on a P133, 32meg ram and 8meg onboard graphics, so there beat that!

:LOL:

intel 33mhz , 16mb ram , video card? whats that? NOW SUKA! beat that! :cheers:

Do what I like to do, buy it, install it, and test it out and if does work, great, enjoy the game like a new born, if not, play a little turntable action with the cd (scratching it hard as possible on a metal desk) oh yeah, throw some backspin, put it all back into the box, go back to the store and tell them it came like this.

omg, buy a new gfx card, preferably a radeon 9800 pro, runs the game like a champ with everything on high, and the card is somewhat cheap, try www.newegg.com for some good deals on them. I got myne from their, but I bought it from their refurbished stuff so it only like a $100 It was only the card in a static free bag, no extras, not even a driver disc lol, oh well thats what you get when you buy refurbished stuff, was better than paying 200-300 for a 9800pro.

I miss out one some cool effects, but my gefroce 2, 64 megs, amd athlon XP 2400+, 512 MB ram, runs extremely smooth, with everything on high -> 1024...
Amamzing, but that's the advantage of a directX 7.1 card ;)
And yes, I know I miss out on some cool stuff, but it still runs great, i'm talking 40 FPS and above, that's pretty decent for a very old Geforce :)

I have a geforce4 mx440 and Athlon XP2000+. I can run farcry at medium settings (except shadows which are turned off) and runs decently, excewpt the fact I don't have pixel shaders

wbcninjaofmist said:
intel 33mhz , 16mb ram , video card? whats that? NOW SUKA! beat that! :cheers:
Oh yeah?

I'm running it on my Grandma's toaster. Beat that!

In Reply to 1st post.
Your past the minimum specs, you should be able to run the game fine.

Hey,

Sorry to annoy, but ya all seem to know wha ya talkin about...

Between these two, which would ya go for.....

£100.46 Asus V9570TD GeForce FX 5700 256MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (AGP) - Retail (GX-023-AS) NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 clocked at 425MHz - All-new CineFX™ 2.0 engine
- 500MHz DDR memory with 256-bit bus and AGP 8X

Or

£117.44 Asus ATI Radeon 9600XT/TVD 128MB DDR (AGP) - Retail (GX-020-AS) ATI Radeon 9600 XT Graphics Engine 500MHz Engine Clock - 300MHz(600MHz DDR) Memory Clock - 400MHz RAMDAC - AGP8X/4X/2X Bus Standard - 128-bit DDR Memory Interface- 2048x1536 Max Resolution (free copy of Half Life 2)

I really have no idea bout these cards, so any info would be a help!

Hello to everyone! i have a P4 2.4 512mb ram GF TI 4600 128mb. Will the game run smoothly in 1024x768 high detail no AA&AF?

Back