Half-life 2 Vs S.t.a.l.k.e.r

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alan00000

Have You Seen The Stalker Screen Shots And Video This Game Could Also Take Over What Do You Think?

Actuall I haven't seen it, perhaps I should check it out.

I dont like running around a large area "stalking" BS things... I rather kill monsters and combine soldiers in city 17, which I think are the same locations in both games.

hmph, it's ambitious. It's one of those games that looks lovely on paper, but can go either way on release. We'll just have to see how it plays.

You don't ask questions like this in on a Half-Life 2 dedicated forum. The answer will always be the same..

I dont like running around a large area "stalking" BS things... I rather kill monsters and combine soldiers in city 17, which I think are the same locations in both games.

Ummm, I don't think City 17 and Chernobyl are the same

This is a half-life 2 forum, of course people are going to like HL2 more. It's called bias.

I really don't get these topics...

alan00000 said:
Have You Seen The Stalker Screen Shots And Video This Game Could Also Take Over What Do You Think?
Why do you capitalize every word, but not punctuate the breaks between sentences?

my spellchecking said:
Have you seen the Stalker screenshots and videos? This game could also take over. What do you think?

Also: Stalker looks cool, but this thread belongs in the General Gaming forum, if it belongs anywhere at all.

jb55 said:
This is a half-life 2 forum, of course people are going to like HL2 more. It's called bias.

I really don't get these topics...

Exactly.

Sometimes I wonder....

You know whats even more stupid? How do we compare 2 games when neither one has been released?

Why can't members of a forum judge a game honestly based on it's own merits? I'll never understand this. Oh well, the game visually seems ok. What is it about the game that seems to have so many people talking about it?

billbo said:
Why can't members of a forum judge a game honestly based on it's own merits? I'll never understand this. Oh well, the game visually seems ok. What is it about the game that seems to have so many people talking about it?

The freak-ay little girl in the elevator.

meh. A.l.l G.a.m.e.s m.u.s.t n.o.w i.n.c.l.u.d.e p.e.r.i.o.d.s

FoB_Ed said:
Ummm, I don't think City 17 and Chernobyl are the same
Unless gordon was frozen for 900 years until it was inhabitable again :E
Could happen.

Six Three said:
meh. A.l.l G.a.m.e.s m.u.s.t n.o.w i.n.c.l.u.d.e p.e.r.i.o.d.s
Stalker stands for something the developers have yet to R.E.V.E.A.L.

H.A.L.F.L.I.F.E.2 vs S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?

I personally think HL2 will be more fun. It'll be full of action, crazy puzzles, and pure fun. Whereas.. in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. you just stalk things and shoot them :/

From the videos ive seen for both games Id have to say HL2. I will be buying both of these games but if you came up to me and asked which would you want now Id definitely choose HL2 for a number of reasons.

Panthers_Domain said:
Whereas.. in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. you just stalk things and shoot them :/

Its a little more complicated then that. I would suggest you and others read up on this game before you post how simple it is.

I will bought boot games

but HL2 first

<RJMC> said:
I will bought boot games

but HL2 first

Is it easy to get Bootlegged stuff in Venezuela? (not that I'm implying you do so)

Sigh, if you guys bothered to check out the site, it looks like it has a lot of potential if you like story driven games as much as you say you do.

Basically it's set in a 30km zone in Chernobyl after another nuclear anomaly of some sort, lots of wacked out shit happens, mutants etc. People pay money for the anomalies (objects warped by radioactive phenomena) and the millitary also have an interest in the area as well. So essentially it's like an RPG, in that you trade, make enemies / allies, and are competing with NPC's to finish the game.

Storyline imo is better than HL2 as far as possibility goes, and it's quite a fresh idea :)

But yeh, HL2 just looks so fun.. and fun is good :)

:cheese: STALKER is impressive. Half Life 2 is impressive, why are you gonna make threads such as this one "VS" when you're gonna get both anyways, you're going to enjoy both.

not, is not easy get "Bootlegged" stuff in Venezuela :(

They both look to be great games. I think Stalker will have the edge on freedom and Half-Life 2 will have the edge with a better story + there will be heaps of great mods.

How easy is it to make mods for Stalker anyway?

ailevation said:
:cheese: STALKER is impressive. Half Life 2 is impressive, why are you gonna make threads such as this one "VS" when you're gonna get both anyways, you're going to enjoy both.
Threads like this provide an opportunity to discuss the pros and cons of various games. It can be a good thing so long as narrow minded people stay away, we can all look at them honestly, and judge them on their own merits. :cheers:

Stalker is a very awsome looking game. After hearing all the hub ub about it i had to go look around for my self. All im saying guys is dont bash the game untill you see the videos.... The game is made with their own X ray engine and Direct X 9. I hate to say it but it looks like it does have a graphical edge over halflife 2 and those guys have spent a crap load of time makeing the world for the game not to mention the AI. 60% of the world is REAL! In other words this location does exsist and 60% of it is highly accurate to what is really their.

If this game had coop it would definatly kick total utter butt... I dont know if they are doing a SDK but i saw on gamespot that they arent going to ship it with coop...

The idea is awsome... the graphics is awsome... But... unlike doom3 .....halflife2.... and GOD KNOWS!!!! DUKE NUKEM NEVER!!! its been in production it looks like for 2-3 years... and it looks that good.

I see HL2 as more of a Action/Adventure FPS..while Stalker seems more like an RPG FPS.

Of course we dont really know yet on either account

Put it this way :

Half-Life 2 : There should be some (hopefully) kickass scripted sequences to do with gordon. Encounters are more or less planned, with the battles being non-scripted, and the manipulator should be fun to use .

S.T.A.L.K.E.R : The encounters aren't scripted, and some other Stalker can win the game before you if you take too much time ! A mission (to kill a guy) can end up with a guy dead, because you left him too long, and he got killed by a mutant dog !

Put it this way, HL2 will be heavily scripted, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R will be non-scripted - totally unlinear - but it all depends on which one's gameplay is better. If HL2's scripted sequences suck (which they won't ;)) and S.T.A.L.K.E.R doesn't have long (and boring) travel times, I'll be happy ...... :)

mortiz said:
hmph, it's ambitious. It's one of those games that looks lovely on paper, but can go either way on release. We'll just have to see how it plays.

what game ISNT like that? :cheers:

Everyone thinks ever single new FPS is going to smash all others, and reign supreme enough to rivel half life 1.

They wont. Games live on through mods and excellent game designer support. All the other games are made by EA-like money gobblers.

STALKER isn't even going to see the light of day until late 2005 at the earliest so maybe it should be compared to Unreal 3 or Duke Nukem Forever instead of HL2.

/me is tired of comparing "Game 1 (Unreleased)" with "Game 2 (unreleased)" :O

What did I say if I ever saw another one of these threads again?

*locked*

*Banned for a week.*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back