Half-Life 3

Z3R0112

Reaction score
What does anyone thing that is going to happen in Half-Life 3? I mean that ending got me sooo lost. I was about to run out of the citadel and all of a sudden g-man popped out of nowhere like he always does and tells you something and then he leaves and then credits play... i stared at the screen for 5 minutes until i pressed F9 and quickloaded again and i played the last part again trying to understand what just happen. Now before you fall asleep while reading all this crap... just post your oppinion if you have time or the need for the people to know what you think

(God, I'm such a idiot...)

I think you should add spoiler warning to that.

GPRT said:
I think you should add spoiler warning to that.
yes and quickly before you ruin about 50 people's lives after exposing half the ending...

What is with people trying to guess Half-Life 3? I think it's just a LITTLE bit too open-ended at the moment. Especially considering the way HL2 ends.

The story could go either way, you can't assume nothing. The writer can change anything in the story.

I know for a fact HL3 will be released in 2012. It will be the most hyped game ever. Its graphics will be better than real life, and Valve will have a money back garuntee on 100 houts of gameplay or more. Everyone will get the game and start to play. The Gman will give a speech about how your needed again. Then there will be a 99hour and 59minite train ride. Then a one minit walk through an apartment building. At the top of the building you will see the gman again and he will tell you, nevermind, we dont need you, we had some antlions do it instead. Then you will go back into stasis.

Mark my words!!!

ratm9200 said:
I know for a fact HL3 will be released in 2012. It will be the most hyped game ever. Its graphics will be better than real life, and Valve will have a money back garuntee on 100 houts of gameplay or more. Everyone will get the game and start to play. The Gman will give a speech about how your needed again. Then there will be a 99hour and 59minite train ride. Then a one minit walk through an apartment building. At the top of the building you will see the gman again and he will tell you, nevermind, we dont need you, we had some antlions do it instead. Then you will go back into stasis.

Mark my words!!!

People like you should be banned from these forums, and no your not funny.... your off topic

the graphics will be better than real life? the object of graphics is to get as real as possible and theres nothing more real than actually real so therefore its technically impossible for a human mind to grasp the concept of graphics being better than real life.

aremis said:
the graphics will be better than real life? the object of graphics is to get as real as possible and theres nothing more real than actually real so therefore its technically impossible for a human mind to grasp the concept of graphics being better than real life.

dude, shutup.

It's way too early to be guessing about HL3.

Yea, I do agree on one thing with Z3R0112 . Half life 3 wont be released for another 5-6 years. Hopefully, valve will do a superb job.

4 years probably
1 year Engine Modifying
2 years getting it solid and right(As in alot of games, if it isn't done right they leave it, though valve goes back and makes it right!)
1 year for polishing and making it all smooth.

u fag
u jsut sopoild the endinf for ,me
im gonan ****ing come toy tour gouse and **** your face in like a snake

Ive created a disaster and my dumbass has no idea how to modify the post... so what can i do... jsut sit and take all this and fell bad... maybe cry... im sorry my fellow people... im sorry... trully, trully sorry.. (sniff)...

ratm9200 said:

Mark my words!!!
**** you go to hell! Halflife is teh r0x0rz. :sniper:

you have to admit that ratm's comment was funny :D

HL3 is going to go off in some random direction that we know nothing about and we're all gonna go "LOL DIDNT SEE TAHT COMIN".

It'll probably be in 4 years, possibly 3 - a year or so tweaking and upgrading the engine, a year making the game, and a year or two of testing.

making the game will take longer than a year. Think of all the character models they need to make, think of the capabilities of future machines, they'll want to incorporate that into the next game. Then there's the engine and lets not forget story. A pixar movie is all about story, and they spend a hell of a lot of time getting that nailed, which is what Valve should do.

We don't want a "halflife2 and a 1/2" we want half life 3, with as much of a leap between 2 and 3, and there was between 1 and 2.

if we want good artificial intelligence, this is the way forward:
http://www.napa.ufl.edu/2004news/braindish.htm :D

sHm0zY said:
u fag
u jsut sopoild the endinf for ,me
im gonan ****ing come toy tour gouse and **** your face in like a snake

Grammar Police are being dispatched to your house as we speak.

y hasn;t this been locked yet? SO many people will have the ending ruined!

Kakashi623 said:
People like you should be banned from these forums, and no your not funny.... your off topic

I think you should be banned for having a stick up your ass. :D

personally, if they made a version of half-life 2 with all the original content, all weapons and enemies, levels and features, that were originally in hl2, and released that, i'd be much happier with that then hl3. i guess i just feel that all the stuff i was originally looking forward to that wasnt in hl2 was just missing, and id rather experience that stuff then go straight on to hl3, but thats just me.

dru said:
personally, if they made a version of half-life 2 with all the original content, all weapons and enemies, levels and features, that were originally in hl2, and released that, i'd be much happier with that then hl3. i guess i just feel that all the stuff i was originally looking forward to that wasnt in hl2 was just missing, and id rather experience that stuff then go straight on to hl3, but thats just me.
how about halflife 3, but then 1 month later, have all of the beta hl2 stuff in a "classic" mod on the source2 engine!!!

Or how about leave all that cool stuff for HL3 in which it might actually work?

That crap was cut for a reason, you know.

I'd say four years. Valve has already made the Source engine, what else needs to be done except upgrade it graphically, then begin creating the actual game. Now, unless they come up with something *revolutionary* like constantly evolving AI or some other dynamic feature, there really is no reason it can't be out in that amount of time. Alot of HL2's development was spent on making Valve independent (Steam, a graphics engine of their own), and that is understandable, but HL3 shouldn't have any of these obstacles.

Valve just needs to focus on the game this time around, HL2 meet most of my expectations, but a) it needed to be longer b)more character dialog (Route Canal was especially bland). I'm sorry, but you can't look at some of the E3 vids, screenshots, and dev interviews and say that its scope was trimmed somewhat. Althought its still my favourite game.

I didn't expect have unrealisitic expectations because of its plagued development and ambitious, abrupt independence for Valve itself. Don't get me wrong, these things were entirely necessary, but there is no reason HL3's development shouldn't go alot smoother. I hope someone can comprehend all that... :p

In HL3 nobody will tell you who the G-man, Combine, etc. are exactly but you'll be able to work them out.

G-man is not going to gust tell you about himself.

Actually, Kakashi623, I thought ratm9200's statement was kinda funny. It may be a wee bit bizarre, but it was on-topic if you think about it. ;)

duckmoose said:
What is with people trying to guess Half-Life 3? I think it's just a LITTLE bit too open-ended at the moment. Especially considering the way HL2 ends.

personaly i think gordon wakes up simular to in HL2 and arives on like a changed earth where humans rule but like half the earth is still full of zombies and stuff from xen and eli is the ruler of earth... then alyx and gordon get marridie then go and have little gordons in hazard suit baby grows:D that would be quiet halhairios....sorry i went way over my head there

I just hope they release HL3 within the next 2 years or so... I hunger greatly for HL games.

wasn't shm0zy the one who went to valve and played the hl2 ending before it even came out? o_O

Back