Half Life Counter Strike 1.5 Setup

Digo666

Reaction score
Hello,

I actually play Counter strike 1.6. But now i want to try out counter strike 1.5. But how i can install it? I have bought Half Life by steam and tried to patch it to 1.1.1.0 but it comes an error: ,,You are attempting to install Half-Life Update in an invalid directory. You must install the update to the same directory where Half-Life is installed." Maybe its actually 1.1.1.0? Where can i see it? Can anyone say me what i make wrong with the patch? Anyway i tried to install Counter Strike 1.5 without Half Life 1.1.1.0 patch. So it worked but in my counter strike directory isnt an exe. So i cant start counter strike... What make i wrong can anyone explain me how to install counter strike 1.5?
Thx

Why would you want to go back to version 1.5? It boggles the mind. Version 1.5 is only for the non-Steam version of Counter-Strike.

You won't be able to install the CS 1.5 installer into a Steam version of Half-Life.

And trying to install the 1.1.1.0 patch onto a Steam Half-Life is even more ridiculous. Steam's version is much newer, and you can't just modify the game when Steam has its version controlled.

The best way to do this is to get a mod for Steam that emulates CS 1.5

http://www.moddb.com/downloads/counter-strike-15-for-steam

Back