Half-Life version confused ??

G

Gign

anyone tell me what is the Half-Life 2 version ??

i watch many Half-Life 2 video in IGN or somewhere else .. but some of the player who play Half-Life 2 that doesn't same of mine HL2 (i mean the level or gun are new )

I remember the levels' Videos:

Barricade (Gordon with Barney)
Tunnels(Gordon a big monster like Snake at the end)
Riding The Buggy(Gordon ride the buggy and fight with the Gunship)
bugbait (Gordon fight with the Giant Bug at the end)
Docks(Gordon fith with Zombie in the docks)
Traptown(in a traptown ,fight with Zombie and Soldier)
Kleiners Labs(in the Kleiners when a giant enemy apppears at the end)
Tripods Attack (Attack with several giant enemies)

all this Half-Life 2 levels is not same as my Half-Life 2 i'm playing now... anyone pls tell me what is this Half-Life 2 version

the images http://www.gamemag.nl/nieuws/item.php?id=2260

those are OLD picutres before release of the game. Those things you see arent in the game anymore.

yup it was all changed before release. alot of that from the videos i would really like to play though.

I'm guessing the features that you have listed were apart of the beta version of the game?

I only knew of traptown from the beta. all these others sound like really good ideas (I'm guessing the snake thing is the hydra) I would really like to see all these things in another episode, especially the hydra, the buggy vs gunship (I always wondered why the hell the gauss gun doesnt hurt the airships, it should be powerful enough), and some sort of heavy teamwork thing with barney.

These are "proof of concept" videos, they were designed to test if people would like it or not.

I think he's been watching all the pre-release videos, all those levels sound like the ones on the E3 demonstration. You can play all those levels in missing information, but no clue what the Kleiners lab one is. And by tripods he means striders, but... Translation of post=Fail.

Would everyone stop bullshitting him, jeez.

anyone tell me what is the Half-Life 2 version ??

You have Half-Life 2: Blue. Get the red version its better. Gotta collect'em all.

to get this straight,there are no other versions of hl2 just get that out of your heads. all of those videos are from the beta long ago,which i believe was removed because it did not follow the storyline.

You have Half-Life 2: Blue. Get the red version its better. Gotta collect'em all.
OMG!! I just got Half-Life 2: Crystal Blue!!! Omgg!!

It's possible that Ep.2 could include hydras; you know, there'd be a part with a river infested with them or whatever... Personally, I think VALVe should've kept the hydras. It would've been a nice addition to what we now call Route Kanal and Water Hazard.

It's possible that Ep.2 could include hydras; you know, there'd be a part with a river infested with them or whatever... Personally, I think VALVe should've kept the hydras. It would've been a nice addition to what we now call Route Kanal and Water Hazard.
That would be really really cool. I would love to fight one of those.

With the exception of 'Docks' (which really wasn't a very full realised location anyway), all the levels featured in those videos made it into the game in some way or form.

Barricade - Anticitizen 101 (You could argue that it ends up in 'Urban Flight' as well. Lost the gunship encounter, gained a giant hole in the ground and a new route out of the street.)
Tunnels - Anticitizen 101 (Very similar in the final version, apart from the Hydra's absence.)
Riding The Buggy - Highway 17 (The earlier version has the same basic route, but no crane side-mission. Also displayed a Halo-esque weapon swap system)
Bugbait - Nova Prospekt (Aside from the Antlion Guard encounter, the prison is VERY similar. But many remember this video for the appearance of the OICW, which was cut in favour of the Plasma rifle)
Traptown - We don't go to Ravenholm (Layout stayed pretty much in-tact, the only difference is that they used it as a map to show off the AI. And by Show off, I mean, 'tell a few white lies' :p. I believe that 'traptown' was never seriously intended to include soldiers)
Kleiners Lab - A Red Letter Day (Just demonstrates the HL2 characters. Stitches together a scene from other dialogue in the game in place of Gordon in the lab during HL2. Great in the sense that it gives bugger all away about the plot of the game.)
Tripods Attack - Follow Freeman (Ends up as the base for the very last City map in Half-Life 2, with quite a bit of alteration. Striders are encountered before you get to this point, and many of the routes they used are blocked off - almost like the video is from earlier in the streetwar. Though you'd have to ignore the fact that the Citadel has switched roundabout 180 degrees :p)[/QUOTE]

s3d5y8.jpg

O_RLY.jpg

Well, who didn't see that coming?

That would be really really cool. I would love to fight one of those.

I don't really think The Hydra would fit in the world. It was removed for various reasons according to the designer Ken Birdwell, as you can read in Raising the Bar.

Ken Birdwell, page 82 Raising the Bar
However, the closer it got to being done, the more its fatal flaw was becoming clear: it was amazingly cool whatch it fight other characters, but it was zero fun to play against in first-person. When it attacked others, as the player you could see this great big glowing giant worm snaking through the map, knocking stuff over and putting on a great show, but when it attacked you, the player, you'd just see this non-descript blob doing something vague, then you'd be dead.

I don't really think The Hydra would fit in the world. It was removed for various reasons according to the designer Ken Birdwell, as you can read in Raising the Bar.

Ken Birdwell, page 82 Raising the Bar

Hydra wasn't cut for various reasons. It was cut for one reason; it wasn't fun to fight in first-person.

In Raising the Bar Ken Birdwell also says:

The Hydra was my pet feature, a monster I wanted in from the start. We designed whole areas of the game around it. I personally spent about six months on and off getting all the movement algorithms and physics to a working state.

Cutting it was personally very painful, but I had to do it; when a design isn't working, it just isn't working. I'd still like to see this in the Half-Life universe somewhere, maybe rethink its AI more along the lines of an Antlion.

So I still hope Hydra will be back some day :)

Whilst flawed in Gameplay terms, I think saying that the Hydra wouldn't 'fit within the world' is about as wrong as you can get. I'm all but certain that the Hydra was the most talked about aspect of the E3-2k3 videos. People were just blown away by it, in the same way that the original Tentacle creature basically got people interested in Half-Life 1.

Back