Half Life2 running on the updated Half Life2:Epi2 Engine

Mr. Friendly

Reaction score
I was just wondering if someone knew if this was possible to run Half life 2 on the Episode Two engine. I've seen some gameplay from city 17 on xbox360 where the player shoots a metro cop and blood splatters like it do on Episode Two.
Is there some fix/mod for this to work on pc?
If you know, please tell me. Tnx

PS: Yes i know you can use garrys mod but garrys mod also features extra run speed, extra 9mm damage etc, and tweaks like that don't really give the same gameplay value :dork:

Apart from Garry's Mod I can't think of anything besides the Orange Box edition of Synergy which isn't out yet. Valve might be releasing the 360 updates for the PC at some point as well.

BTW is your name a reference to Lost?

I think it might have something to do with a disturbing looking Xenian in the Beta of Half-Life 1.
The Freinoplu?

^This is probably the closest you'll get atm.

AFAIK the latest version of the Cinematic Mod incorporates the Ep2 dynamic lighting to both HL2 and Ep1 (plus the high res textures, more detailed models, and the usual extra stuff).

I just check out the cinematic mod; the specs required are pretty damned high.

the new effects never worked for me in the new fakefactory mod, all i got was hdr. no shadows though :(

also do you not get blood splatter in the original hl2??

Already tried tried the fakefactory mod, it was great except that hl.exe stopped working everytime i got "loading". Tnx for answers though, just wanted to know if there was any options ;)

Back