Hallelujah!! Jack Thompson faces disbarment, withdraws from case

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
"Good news for free speech advocates. A judge in the Alabama court case is deciding on whether or not to revoke Jack Thompson's license to practice law as well as removed him from the case. The court case as you might remember is for the killing of two police officers and a dispatcher who were murdered by 18 year old Devin Moore. The lawsuit is against: Sony, Take-Two, Rockstar, Wal-Mart and GameStop in which Thompson claims that Grand Theft Auto trained Moore to become a killer."

When Judge Moore asked Thompson to justify some of the statements made in his press releases, he replied: "I'm not pretending I'm not a nice guy. I'm not pretending I don't have a temper."

"Why did you do this?" Moore asked Thompson, pointing to a huge stack of press releases and letters submitted by Blank Rome as evidence of Thompson's legal violations.

"You said after the criminal trial to 'have at it'," Thompson said. The judge had imposed a gag order on lawyers until Devin Moore's trial was over.

"Your 'have at it' and my 'have at it' are not the same," the judge replied

update: Jack has withdrawn from the case before he could be removed

"The other side wants to make me the issue," he told GP. "The important thing is that the clients be served."

the judge is still ruling on whether he should be disbarred

/me crosses fingers

Brilliant news, would put him in his place. Hurting his ego is probably the worst thing that could happen to him, i bet he's gutted about having to bite his lip for once too, heh!

not to rain on anyones parade but if he's disbarred it's only in alabama (which he only has a temporary license, I gotta change the title), he can still practice law in florida ;(

john3571000 said:
now he can run for congress
again
Yeah, and he this time doesn't have to run against that closet homosexual woman with Parkinson's dementia that was being blackmailed by the Mafia.

What was her name? Oh yeah... it was Janet Reno.
rotfl7tb.gif

CptStern said:
not to rain on anyones parade but if he's disbarred it's only in alabama (which he only has a temporary license, I gotta change the title), he can still practice law in florida ;(
... but it would increase the chance of him being disbarred in Florida by showing that there is significant merit to the claims against him.

It will be one more thing on his spotty (at best) law record.

Yay, we might start hearing less about jackie now...

OcybrmanO wins the award for "most annoying new smiley".

Que-Ever said:
OcybrmanO wins the award for "most annoying new smiley".
Do I give a speech, now? I don't have one prepared. Well... umm... I guess I'd like to thank Mike Perrucci of mazeguy.net who made the smily... and... umm... my family for my weird sense of humor... and Kamikazie, who couldn't be here today because his computer is in the attic, for... something.

^^hooray lol
hear hear - don't forget the biozeminades!

Hi my name is Jack Thompson and I just got my ass handed to me on a silver platter

face.jpg

btw anyone think "video game activist" sounds kinda odd?

CptStern said:
Hi my name is Jack Thompson and I just got my ass handed to me on a silver platter

face.jpg

Yeah, perhaps because it sounds like 'human rights activist', except far, far less threatening and far, far more pathetic.

ya, "human rights activist" means the person is advocating for human rights ...video game activist sounds to me like he's fighting for gaming rights ..which is exactly the opposite of what he is

Perhaps CNN realized exactly how damaging he is to the anti-game cause and decided to label him accordingly... :E

CptStern said:

face.jpg

I'm speechless, this asshole has been complaining about games?

That gormless tosser can get back in his bureaucratic cubbyhole and die there.

The man is clearly wearing a pink tie...

Let's hope someone more competant doesn't take up his cause!

do you have something against pink ties!?
that aside, let's pray he fades from the public eye.

JNightshade said:
do you have something against pink ties!?
that aside, let's pray he fades from the public eye.
I read this threads title and I thought it said that he was facing DISMEMBERMENT! If only it were so.....

And who is the public eye? Is it the eye in your avatar? WHO DAMMIT WHO??!!:flame: :x

:e :e :e (dam smilies)

Attachments

• jackthompsonlol.jpg
    jackthompsonlol.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 143
^^ So basic, yet so stuipd / funny.

Let us hope, even if it doesn't effect me, that this will lead him to be dis-barred in other States!

Hopefully this will discourage him to make further movements... Eh, that's too wishful.

THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY.

Happy enough to violently and brutally dismember several limbs off little children.

Bwuaha.

****ING PWNT!

This is GREAT news, I hope that he loses his license and has to work at a GameStop to make money

Back