Halo 2 Rip-offs

7hoR

Reaction score
I just bought Halo 2 tonight, and have been playing through the single player. The game is great: Graphics, Gameplay, Story, Weapons, everything. One thing I did notice is a couple of what seem to be 'rip-offs' (or at least in my opinion). I've seen a few creatures that look just like Doom 3 monsters, that thing that looks exactly like a strider, and even HEADCRABS. I mean, the headcrabs put the topping on the cake. They jumped on my teammates heads, were the same color, and ran around like Half-Life 2 headcrabs. Just thought that all of these things that seem like rip-offs are pretty funny.

I also noticed that those annoying little flying buggers somewhat resemble those aliens in star wars episode 2 :)

The smaller flood is a rip off of the headcrabs. The headcrabs are a rip off of the facehuggers in Alien.

The scarab looks NOTHING like the strider.

So HL ain't that original, either. :dozey:

The flood reminded me more of creatures from resident evil :)

Strider has 2 legs and the Scarab has 4 :)

The scarab looks more like metal gear from mgs 2

Halo 1/2 is also like Unreal 2

Cortana is Aida, and always talks to you through radio while in combat
Master Chief and John have the same voice, and same armor
Same futuristic envormnments
etc.etc.

They're all rip-offs of stuff I've made up. I came up with every idea in existance and every idea that will be proposed in the future before time existed so to me nothing is original because I came up with it first.

If your thread is about Halo 2, it doesnt belong in the General Half-Life 2 discussion, this is why we have other categories on the forum.

Moved.

Most everything is a ripoff of something else. That's life.

The Strider is a rip of the machines from War Of The Worlds.

The Headcrab is a rip of the face hugger from Alien.

I was kinda thinking the sentinal beam was a ripoff of the gluon gun, which was kindof a ripoff of the ghostbusters

so yeah, it's an endless chaing of ripoffs

Without rip-offs...we'd be in a world full of first person tabletops where we use paper bags as guns. OH NOES!!??!? NOT THE PAPER BAGS!!!!#!$

Foxtrot said:
NOTHING alike.

Apart from the fact that it's a big machine...yeah...no similarities.

Everything has been influenced by something else in some way or another. It doesn't make them ripoffs.

I hardly think the sentinel beam is like the gluon gun either. It shoots a constant beam of energy...but just because it does that doesn't mean it's a ripoff either.

People seem to be reaching for similarities here.

The voice of one of the marines was David Cross...so that's obviously a ripoff of his voice part in GTA:SA...and that's obviously a ripoff of his work in Mr. Show...which is ripped off of Bob Odenkirk and David Cross' mind. Yeah...everybody is a thief.

Back