Halo 3 snowbound for Half-life 2: Deathmatch

Darkangel

Spy
Reaction score
I'm trying to make some of the Halo 3 maps for Half-life 2: Deathmatch.

I have started making snowbound from one of the conept drawings at 1up.com and have started making the base for Highgrounds.

Here are some pics of a very early build of Snowbound, it is not textured and is ugly. Sorry for so much bloom it is mostly the snow.

dm_halo_30002.jpg

dm_halo_30011.jpg

dm_halo_30018.jpg

sidebysidehalo3.jpg

More pics at the site.

Site=www.freewebs.com/darkangel_xi

This is my first map and I am only a begginer.
I hope to start beta testing after I texture it and make it look good.

ya thats what happens when blooming and snow go together and the mapper doesn't like shadows to ad some contrast.

-dodo

edit: Sorry. didn't read its you're first map. try adding a good angle for you're env_light for some shadows...

Looks terrible.

The brushwork is simple and the displacements are...simple also and it looks like it is set to mat_fullbright 1

GAH.

Just found this through google, and I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do here, because the structures are COMPLETELY wrong. Sorry, but fail.

There seems to be a trend with taking screenshots of horrible maps in gmod.

Woah no need to be so stink, constructive criticism rather than GRR and insulting. I know i couldn't make a map like that.

Leave any texturing and lights for a later stage. First priority is to get the basic geometry (brushes, working and correct. I can see your brushwork could use some work.Next step is to work on proper lighting. After that you place important props and . Then texture the thing, add decals. Optimize the map, test and optimize. Follow these type of paths and you'll be good!

Also, I recommend not to test maps in Gmod, but in the game for which the map is for, so you can check your game parameters.

Leave any texturing and lights for a later stage. First priority is to get the basic geometry (brushes, working and correct. I can see your brushwork could use some work.Next step is to work on proper lighting. After that you place important props and . Then texture the thing, add decals. Optimize the map, test and optimize. Follow these type of paths and you'll be good!

Also, I recommend not to test maps in Gmod, but in the game for which the map is for, so you can check your game parameters.

Thanks for the informative post. :cool:

made a good effort to recreate the map. but u should have started off with proper brush works, and then finally switch on to the texturing part. and finally try smoothing the edges of snow brush. especially the part which meets with the wall. dont feel bad abt all the criticism. its always helps u to keep improving ur map. hope to see ur map in good shape.....

GAH.

Just found this through google, and I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do here, because the structures are COMPLETELY wrong. Sorry, but fail.

seems like this is ur first post....lol.

PS: am i deviating frm the subject.

Back