Hammer Editor!

R

radon

Does anyone really know when the Hammer Editor for HL2 will be released? Its a bitch having to wait for it. Using Worldcraft is annoying i want to make maps nowwwwww. Damn using XSI isnt enough i need hammer.

Yeah but it would be good if they just released the editor with just a small amount of textures, I can make my own, there are lots of mod teams who just want to make the maps but not texture them until hl2 is released, if they get a hang of the hammer editor now then later on it would be easier to make better looking levels than valve, think about the possible mods.

Seems a logical idea for them to at least release it when the SDK comes out, which I think I remember them saying would be released before the game was - as you say though fgd's are useful ;)

Yep the fgds would be useful but they should still release atleast a couple of them even if its at some cost like 5 bux for the mod community if lets say you have a website and your team has been together for some months and allready have loads of material. Then its like the team can work on their mod with some resources, as i see it even with few resources modders can make amazing stuff.

It's coming out with the game I think.

Hope they do this !!! I can't wait to make a great hl2 map (Pfft, yes i'm a mapper) !

The SDK should be coming out a week before the game. I imagine Hammer will come with the game, just like the WC Editor did. Lukily the SDK isn't coming out the year after Hl2's release, like it's predecesor.

-Ghost.

SDK includes new Hammer which was supposed to come out "before" HL2 which was hinted at as being out at least a month before.

I would think It comes with the SDK. Did WC come with the HL SDK?

Having the Hammer editor without the game would be pretty boring and useless as you would not be able to run the maps to see how they play.

Originally posted by radon
Does anyone really know when the Hammer Editor for HL2 will be released? Its a bitch having to wait for it. Using Worldcraft is annoying i want to make maps nowwwwww. Damn using XSI isnt enough i need hammer.
Worldcraft is pretty much the same thing as Hammer.

Back