Hammer stability issues

DarkViper

Reaction score
Ok, so we all know Hammer is prone to crash if you dont follow its very specific rules. Witht hat said, im noticing its just crashing for no aprticular reason other than that fact i want to do something.

So far the biggest amount of crashes come about when i click on the "Model" or "Output" tabs in the Entity inspector.

Im running Windows Vista Ultiamte, is there anything i can do? Relaunching the app and then making my changes that it crashed from sucks terribly for productivity.

low your undo levels to the half or whatever, many undo levels get a lot of memory, also be sure that you are not running other 3d programs that gets the same resources, i used to have Mapster and Hammer working at the same time and that was making my rig crashing often. Other possible issue can be if you have a error message: unespected error.... that happens sometimes when you change since a tool to other, but i think that?s just a hammer bug.

I use the highest amount of undo levels available and do not encounter any issues like that, Gambini. I've only got one gigabyte of memory, too. Lowering undo levels doesn't make Hammer any more stable, in my opinion.

Calhoun it would if the reason you were crashing was because of overusage of RAM. Not much you can do to stop Hammer from crashing though, so just save a lot.

I've had hammer crash on me maybe 3 times in 4 years :|

it simply doesnt play nice with some peoples systems. As a precaution, I still use XP pro, too many vista users I know have unstable hammer.

No problems with Hammer on Vista. Maybe crashed once or twice, but it's pretty stable. Vrad.exe crashes sometimes and I have to re-launch it... seems a bit odd, as I don't have any hardware stability issues.

Back