Has anyone gotten CS:S to work?!

dart321

Reaction score
I'm still downloading. Is anyone able to play without any error? I mean really play, not just launch the game.

Mine keeps crashing after I try and run it (i'm also getting no errors). Mine is done downloading.

Done with all updates, including my monitor one, and when i launch cs:source, it crashes to desktop after 10 secs or so with no error messege. What is wrong?

I crash to desktop 2 seconds after I see the background.
Also, I had to take off my refresh rate override. It wouldn't even show the background!

Nicon said:
Done with all updates, including my monitor one, and when i launch cs:source, it crashes to desktop after 10 secs or so with no error messege. What is wrong?

that's exactly what happens to mine, still no answer.

Guys its just not done DLing!!! look in monitor...theres gonna be something still DLing and that will be CS:S..right click on CS:S and hit properties, i bet it will still be DLing,thats what happened to me, its just not done when u think it is!

I'm done and its working fine. What are you people talking about?

Operation Ivy said:
Guys its just not done DLing!!! look in monitor...theres gonna be something still DLing and that will be CS:S..right click on CS:S and hit properties, i bet it will still be DLing,thats what happened to me, its just not done when u think it is!

trust me, it's done.

while accessing cs s properties it says 435 mb, requires update, amount acquired 100% offline mode not ready.

the monitor says Steam isnt currently updating any games.

so that f...... can I do.

Haven't had a single problem. Runs great, plays great, looks freaking amazing.

Im having problems with the steam server browser... very unreliable and can't connect to most servers other then that the game runs at 53 fps on the stress test.

MINE works. omg its so awesome. I tried to get into a server for 30 minutes, finally did, and it pwns.

i crash everytime i try to play
maybe 1 minute into playing maybe 10 seconds. I get that old school repeating sound crash that you used to get way back in the days froma sbl card. I have a nforce 2 soundstorm board

Can run the video test np get 90 frames on default though =)

Hopefully Valve will make a 60 meg update that does more than eliminate grenade jumping :hmph:

Its so sweet, all teh nades are different and such cool effects. Just restart your comp and keep trying to get it to work.

They really need to fix the business of trying to run games that are partially downloaded. It sounds nice, but it seems to produce so many errors.

To all those people with unplayable games, try deleting CS:S (from its properties window) and reinstalling. That's what I'm trying right now.

killahsin-[CE] said:
is everyone who is crashing using direct x 9.0c?

It's crashing here. And I just confirmed through dxdiag that I do run 9.0c. Anyone else?

If CS:S is in your monitor and it says 100%, it is not yet downloaded. There should not be anything in your steam monitor. After downloading, try restarting steam, windows or maybe deleting your CS:S folder (not the cache file). Also, the people that did get, post your systems specs, drivers and OS/service pack file info.

cs is not in my monitor
properties says its 100% at 435 mb

nforce 2 latest drivers
6800 gt 65.xx drivers
512 mem kingston

killahsin-[CE] said:
cs is not in my monitor
properties says its 100% at 435 mb

nforce 2 latest drivers
6800 gt 65.xx drivers
512 mem kingston

Same thing, my specs are different

Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb Cat 4.8 drivers
Athlon +2500 at 2086mhz
512 DDR
DirectX 9.0b

I get the AA problem when starting CS:S and when I joined a server I got the memory problem

Been there, done that about 50 times already. Even tried starting the game in offline mode just for kicks. Steam monitor says "Steam is not currently updating any games." Steam monitor indicates Valve Content Server #3 as download host, unless that's just an advertisement (unnamed fileservers want attention, too).

XP SP2
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Barton 2500+ (oc'ed and perfectly stable at 1.99ghz)
1 GB DDR
Sapphire Radeon 9700 (4.8 catalyst, DX 9.0c)
Creative Audigy Platinum Ex

Phew, just got back from playing, very awesome.

It seems that all servers crash though, not some, ALL servers.

Back