Have you moved on?

Have you moved on, and forget of Half-Life 2?

• Yes

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • No, This game will rock no matter what!

Votes: 80 69.6%

• Total voters

Pitt-Bull

Reaction score
I have moved on from Half-Life 2, it got off my 5 most wanted games. Probably just because of the delay, I most want Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and Full Spectrum Warrior. But have you moved on, and forgot Half-Life 2:

haha really. Most of the new threads seem to be psychological/therapuetic testing questions. Which game do you like more, HL2 or Doom3? Did you cry with HL2 was delayed?

This topic will be more relevant this time next year when the game still isn't released.

I still want it.

But the delay has also allowed me to look up different things such as STALKER

I have lost much interest for HL2 lately. STALKER and DOOM3 are getting more attention from me. though I am really looking forward to hl2. it is most likely going to be on my top 3 best games list this year...well u know... if it is released this year :burp:

I'm looking forward to it but currently looking more forward to S.T.A.L.K.E.R cause it has nice sky effects LOL

Emmm... What would I be doing here if I didn't care about HL² at all? Yeah I enjoy the conversation but I can get that other places... Yep Im hanging here cuz I still want HL² so damn much and I like t3h pplz...

Yeah why did this get moved in2 the HL² discussin? I duhnot get it...

BIG POPPA GO W00P WOOP WAAA!

I'm all hyped up for MAFIA 2 and Op. Flashpoint 2 by this time.

And I'm trying to beat KoTOr in all possible ways - Light Female/Male -- Dark Female/Male
It's gonna take me some time....

been playin the far cry demo.. it owns... will still buy HL2

but i might buy HL2 stalker and far cry

yes and no.....

Im looking forward to stalker and bf:v atm...

....but im sure as soon as valve pulls the cork out ...ill be back drooling and fanboying it up for HL2.

im bored.

so no ive not forgotten.

im waiting for.

Codename panzers
wartime command
Rome total war
Battlefield vietnam.

and hl2.

Pitt-Bull said:
I have moved on from Half-Life 2, it got off my 5 most wanted games. Probably just because of the delay, I most want Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and Full Spectrum Warrior. But have you moved on, and forgot Half-Life 2:
BLASPHEMY!!!

bgesley426 said:
haha really. Most of the new threads seem to be psychological/therapuetic testing questions. Which game do you like more, HL2 or Doom3? Did you cry with HL2 was delayed?

'Were you sexually harassed by John Carmack or John Romeiro when you were a child?'

Wow, if you vote yes.....That's dumb.

Question the First: Why would you frequent a Half-Life 2 message board.
Question the Second: Why would you take the time to open this post, read what it's asking, and possibly even post your reason for forgetting about Half-Life 2.

If you voted Yes, then either you're lying and want to look cool, or you don't understand the question being asked.

I've moved on partly. I'm taking more interest in other games at the moment, but something still clings in the back of my mind, niggling at me, telling me that Half-Life 2 will crush them all with no remorse.

ZoSo said:
Question the First: Why would you frequent a Half-Life 2 message board.
Question the Second: Why would you take the time to open this post, read what it's asking, and possibly even post your reason for forgetting about Half-Life 2.

I answer the 2 Qs with one answer - I love to write in these forums. These are the only forums I like to write.

But really, as I said, I haven't moved on completely and I don't think anyone that played HL ( and loved it) did.

Yes, i think that HL touched us all in someway, i think it was just how good it was and noone knew about it.

Abom|nation said:
I've moved on partly. I'm taking more interest in other games at the moment, but something still clings in the back of my mind, niggling at me, telling me that Half-Life 2 will crush them all with no remorse.

Exactly my thoughts.

Abom|nation said:

I share your opinions there. The more the delay has gone on, the more I feel that it is principally due to Valve have carried out a tough internal self assessment exercise with HL², and found the game wanting at the last hurdle (like they famously did with the original HL Build). When it does eventually emerge I think it's going to be a much more realised beast from that seen in the E3 Video.

2003 was an average years for games. Releasing HL2 then would have been awesome.

2004 appears to be a great gaming year. That means I will have to split my attention between a bunch of games (HL2, Doom3, STALKER, the list goes on and on).

I'd move on if there were something to move on to that actually appeals to me more than HL2. Pretty much everything else seems to be stuck in some sort of rut with small changes here and there.

Moved on.....No just patiently waiting like everyone else and hoping it gets released before I head overseas(April at the latest).

I used to come here very 10 minutes, upgraded my pc, preorder the game. but now I dont care anymore. the game will be nice when it comes out, but I am not letting valve or the hackers break my heart. I am not expecting it.... actually if it is not out by may I am totally gonna get my money back for the game....

Mr-Fusion said:
This topic will be more relevant this time next year when the game still isn't released.

Like what happened to TF2???? I remember these threads back then... Yes Ive lost all interest in anything valve says. I'm only soncered with what I see and right now its all leaked content. Thats just lame.

I wish someone would have leaked the old TF2 build that got cancled before the new source was started.

blahblahblah said:
2003 was an average years for games. Releasing HL2 then would have been awesome.

2004 appears to be a great gaming year. That means I will have to split my attention between a bunch of games (HL2, Doom3, STALKER, the list goes on and on).

I think 2004 will be a better year for hardware... Who has money for games?

My biggest fear is that 2004 will be even more lame than 2003. Seriously, all the high profile games like Doom III, Halo 2, HL2, DNF, and Stalker can very easily slip into 2005 if these developers don't shift it into high gear and get seriously motivated into finishing their projects.

WARNING
Gigantic rant imminent!! It's actually very interesting!
WARNING

In my stupid opinion, games are becoming too hard to make. This being the main reason for development cycles stretching into 4,5 even 6 years. As they become more complex and require more testing cycles they may even go into decades! Duke Nukem Forever or HL2 may even be the first games to have 10 year long dev cycles.

When a company is too big and disjointed the game will often suffer. Without a strong sense of direction and easy communication between the different people working at company X the game will be a mess. Most games feel too "corporate". Like Call of Duty. When i played it i was conciously thinking "Oh they added that feature so it would be more immersive for me!!". It was all downhill there, bad experience when you start thinking those things. Stop leeching everything you can out of the Quake 3 engine. Please it's been done, we're sick of it. It's crap! None of you developers have released one semi-interesting title on the Quake 3 engine. What a disgrace to you all.

/kicks Quake 3 engine in the testicles

COD was just oozing with unoriginality and that 'been done before' feeling. I know i'm a hardcore gamer and don't represent the majority of the market, i'm sure many people would have enjoyed COD. Why did i take time to bag COD? Because i wanted to.

Right.

What i really wanted to say is, what is the benefit of announcing games so early in their development cycles? Even if it's announced later in the development cycle, the inevitable delay is announced. Why did iD software decide to announce Doom 3 at such an early point? What is to be gained from that? Fan suggestions to improve the game? HIGHLY UNLIKELY. You don't need to stretch the hype and anticipation for a game over 1-2 years. That's just stupid. It just annoys people who are looking forward to playing it, creates un-needed tension for the developers, and ANNOYS THE PEOPLE WHO ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO PLAYING IT. That really had to be said twice.

I strongly believe that a game could be announced when it has gone gold and be adequately marketed in the three weeks it takes to get distributed to build the hype and pwn the sales. Especially a game like Half-Life 2!!! I mean for Christs sake!! This is equivalent to the second coming of that dude i just mentioned!!

And if you're going to etch a date into a slab of stone (September 30th 2003), remain completely quiet in the weeks leading up to that point, then not release anything on that day and don't give the fans ANY reason as to why it was delayed you do yourself a great dis-service. It's just really disappointing to not give any reason when you were so confident that it would be released on that date.

I would glady pay large amounts of money for the HL2 development logs after the game is released to see exactly WTF the company was thinking/going through around August/September/October last year.

Is there a making of DVD for HL2 coming out?

Havent you guys heard? Official release date is now February 30.

But in all seriousness, yeah, I still come to this forum regularly, but I have a much, much greater interest in Far Cry and DOOM 3 at the moment. Of course I will still buy HL2 :cool:

Every day I check this site for something new, but it's not worth it. If there was an official Doom3 site, I'd spend my time there.

hmmm.... tbh, I played hl1, it was kinda boring. I play mods for hl. But thats the only thing in my opinion that ever made hl1 so popular its the same with battle feild. Just in a smaller scale.

All I want hl2 for is the SDK, 1/2 this forums is editing based so tbh I don't really think you need any want to play the actual single player game to post here.

You guys know Neverhood took 8 years to complete all in all, right?

iamaelephant said:
Havent you guys heard? Official release date is now February 30.

But in all seriousness, yeah, I still come to this forum regularly, but I have a much, much greater interest in Far Cry and DOOM 3 at the moment. Of course I will still buy HL2 :cool:

You know, there is an official doom 3 site :p

Of course I havn't ****ing moved on I'm still here! even though I'v been playing COD,NWN and been looking forward to Painkiller,stalker and other games it doesn't mean I'v moved on like in a relationship where if your a nice person you have to move from one person to the next you can't have two at the same time.

I would count moveing on as completely disregarding it, which would include not posting in the geberal HL2 chat section of a HL2 forum.

I still want the game, but I have moved on.

If HL2 was released in September, I would of got a new video card (Radeon 9600 XT probably), instead of new golf clubs for Christmas...who knows, maybe I'll get some exercise this summber besides just soccer and hockey once a week.

I'm not saying I won't buy it when it comes out, but I probably won't be as excited as I was before.

I started losing interest/caring in December.

I'm sitting here waiting but I do play other games both old and new while I wait.

Pitt-Bull said:

I have moved onto FC for now.. ill still buy HL2.. but they sure ruined the experience for me with the build up and let down..

They ****ed us good. :dozey:

Back